Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:26 PM

Re: Garlic

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My garlic today Mups...

Wow Meg, that's looks good, yours is alot bigger than mine.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:37 PM

I've got garlic growing in a pot. It's been there for about 5 years now
It was a supermarket one that sprouted so I stuck it in a pot, never dug it up, but in summer have used some of the leaves as a garnish on buttery jacket spuds or in cottage cheese.
For anyone who likes a hint of garlic rather than to repel vampires they taste rather nice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Your garlic looks very impressive, Meg! I hope I get round to growing it eventually.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wow Meg, that's looks good, yours is alot bigger than mine.
Thank you I think the secret is to plant in early autumn so it can get off to a good start in the warm earth before the bad weather comes.
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've got garlic growing in a pot. It's been there for about 5 years now
It was a supermarket one that sprouted so I stuck it in a pot, never dug it up, but in summer have used some of the leaves as a garnish on buttery jacket spuds or in cottage cheese.
For anyone who likes a hint of garlic rather than to repel vampires they taste rather nice.
Morty that sounds good, like chives I pinch the
odd leaf off mine
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:54 PM

Thank you I think the secret is to plant in early autumn so it can get off to a good start in the warm earth before the bad weather comes.

Morty that sounds good, like chives I pinch the
odd leaf off mine

Just been out and had a look at the label I stuck in mine Meg, and its called "Marco" and I didn't plant them till 30th Oct.
When did you plant yours, can you remember?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:53 PM

Just been out and had a look at the label I stuck in mine Meg, and its called "Marco" and I didn't plant them till 30th Oct.
October Mups
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-04-2016, 10:53 PM

Mid October Mups
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:26 PM

Mine isn't in a 'very very sunny position', that may be the ideal , I have still managed to grow it for a number of years with great success .
As I do every year but every 2 years I have to buy new crowns as my crowns get smaller with the lack of sunlight.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 07:52 AM

Dont you have any Ramsoms Wood Garlic any where nearby.I love the smell of wild garlic after the rain.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...c-good-for-you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-04-2016, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dont you have any Ramsoms Wood Garlic any where nearby.I love the smell of wild garlic after the rain.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...c-good-for-you
There is masses of it growing yards away in the churchyard but I can't bring myself to eat it from there ...
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 08:27 AM

If you are on the Isle of Wight, visit here-

http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/visit/farm

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top