Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Re: What does it take

Sorry ST..forgot to say...you also have started some great threads..😀
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:31 PM

What does it take to start a thread?
A phone or computer
An internet connection
An idea
An ability to understand the English language
An understanding of how to use a computer
An understanding of how to create a thread on a forum

Does it take courage ?
Yes. It’s a huge ordeal to post an idea on a forum.
Would it bother me if nobody responded?
Yes. A bit.
Why?
Cause I have insecurity issues
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What does it take to start a thread?
A phone or computer
An internet connection
An idea
An ability to understand the English language
An understanding of how to use a computer
An understanding of how to create a thread on a forum

Does it take courage ?
Yes. It’s a huge ordeal to post an idea on a forum.
Would it bother me if nobody responded?
Yes. A bit.
Why?
Cause I have insecurity issues
A perfect reply Bratti, spot on!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:17 PM

I can't help wondering about people who start threads all the time - one after the other. Where do they get their inspiration from? Do they sit thinking them up because they want to be a star poster?

It doesn't take confidence to start a thread - When you've been a forum member for a long time you feel like you're talking to friends...

I don't feel the compulsion to be a star thread started but I do start a few - some of which are well responded to & some are not. I have never had no response at all thank goodness. If I did I would just have to try harder.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:33 AM

I have started a few threads where I have had no response.

It doesn’t bother me because I’m not an insecure person...I’m very secure within myself.

Some of the replies have bothered me in the past, not just others but mine also.

So for me if I see baiting, rudeness, that never seems to cease from certain people....then I will hit that ignore button.

Don’t be nice to me one minute then down right rude to me the next..because I won’t tolerate it.

All this nice as nine pence one minute.
Then completely off the scale the next.

Ignore

It’s there for a reason, to keep members from reacting.

“ I Have Been Told Many Times”

If you don’t like what you read from a member you either........ pass it by ........or ignore it..........or ignore them........., or report it.

“ Don’t Read Their Op”

As an old wise person said to me once..

When I see change from you and your posting ,this was on another forum,

Then I will reply to your posts...there is no need for down right rudeness on a post.
He was right and my posting needed to change and has done since.
It seems to be tolerated by some...yet, not by some others...rudeness from some members...

All should be made feel welcome on this site....I don’t believe all are..that is my honest opinion.

If you want me to leave this site because of my “ BELIEFS” then please let me know...because I get enough stick about it...........even after stopping posting OP s in religion.

You don’t have to run me off just say..that’s how I feel at the moment..just being honest.

Even I can be worn down...

That’s it from me, if my post gets deleted by admin fair enough..it still stands in my head.

I’ll stand back now and watch a few of the “ regulars” jump on me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:14 AM

Pauline, why this sudden outburst?

Members are just answering the question you asked.

I have disagreed with you sometimes but it doesn't mean I don't like you or respect your religion.

People do disagree on forums - don't be so paranoid Pauline.

Ignore the member who made an upsetting remark - Seems to me it's how he gets his kicks.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

06-07-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’ll stand back now and watch a few of the “ regulars” jump on me.
Bet you a pound to a penny, Pauline, that your fan base is thousands of times greater than theirs!

Don't let them upset you.

Remember, when they go low, you go high!

This is a very powerful statement, especially when you consider that the words "they" and "you" are interchangeable.

Keep up the good work m'dear!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-07-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Pauline, why this sudden outburst?

Members are just answering the question you asked.

I have disagreed with you sometimes but it doesn't mean I don't like you or respect your religion.

People do disagree on forums - don't be so paranoid Pauline.

Ignore the member who made an upsetting remark - Seems to me it's how he gets his kicks.
Carol, indeed they are answering my questions, but some imo are paranoid about me ignoring them...so have explained why.

If they continue in their nice one minute then rude the next,I will continue to ignore until I see positive change.

I guess it’s like a release Carol..you keep it in then it all comes out as the lid has been lifted from the pressure cooker so to speak.

I feel much better for airing though, ..we all do it on here at times..have a good old moan,then all is forgotten.

We’re all screwed up in our own way....not being rude...very complicated lot we are us humans,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-07-2021, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Bet you a pound to a penny, Pauline, that your fan base is thousands of times greater than theirs!

Don't let them upset you.

Remember, when they go low, you go high!

This is a very powerful statement, especially when you consider that the words "they" and "you" are interchangeable.

Keep up the good work m'dear!

Indeed, thank you UGC....just me letting off steam...thank you for your positive feedback.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:36 AM

Maybe just get over yourself.
Posting loads of meaningless threads merely to get attention doesn’t make you an instant super hero.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top