Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:14 PM

Re: Johnson and Gove - have they lost/messed up?

No its just more fear drivel from the remanians.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Such a narrow view, so you would be happy with a one party system then and a virtual dictatorship with no opposition
Try Russia or North Korea , I am sure one of them would suit you fine
That reminds me of my late, unlamented father who used to say almost identical things to me all those years ago.
Once the Tories have finished fiddling the electoral system we will be living in what amounts to a one-party state anyway. This current chaos gives us an outside chance of stopping it.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It doesn't surprise me at all that you would 'imagine ' that having previously stated in another thread ...

''Sadly all people saw was immigration and not the bigger picture''.

..so you are clearly someone who fails to appreciate that some of us have a level of integrity.
You clearly are someone who fails to see anyone having a different view. My quotes were from facts as stated by polls after Brexit. The main reason being immigration. Not aimed at you particularly.

We voted differently nothing to do with I integrity. So accept that as fact.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Cameron is a loser and has made some bad decisions during his watch as PM.
His ilk will never understand the common working class people. Fortunately, there are more of us than there are of them so unless you keep us 'on side' and understand what is important to us we are always going to butt heads that will eventually manifest itself either in a General Election or in this case an EU referendum.

Nobody can predict the future but several journalists claim to be able to do just that in their blogs. 24 hours in politics is a long time and things change rapidly making all assumptions of the future void. I believe articles like this could (a) be totally wide of the mark or (b) perhaps partially correct, but never accurate. I believe that in the space of one week it will be totally irrelevant and forgotten languishing in the bottom of someone's recycling bin.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
My quotes were from facts as stated by polls after Brexit. The main reason being immigration.
A fact is by definition 'a thing that is known or proved to be true' .
It is not true that '' all people saw was immigration and not the bigger picture'' so it is not a fact .
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:34 PM

It is true that over a million Leave voters regret their decision in the face of the Leave leaders admitting their promises were in fact lies. Fact, not sour grapes, not bad sportsmanship. Quite how these liars can adequately negotiate our leaving EU is beyond me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
It is true that over a million Leave voters regret their decision in the face of the Leave leaders admitting their promises were in fact lies. Fact, not sour grapes, not bad sportsmanship. Quite how these liars can adequately negotiate our leaving EU is beyond me.
How do we know that Devo, it appears that the internet will provide you with 'Facts' to support whatever you believe.
Devo
SW UK

26-06-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How do we know that Devo, it appears that the internet will provide you with 'Facts' to support whatever you believe.
A Survation poll for the Mail.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-06-2016, 09:51 PM

A Survation poll for the Mail.
Ah well, in that case.....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:56 PM

I don't believe it's that simplistic.
Show me anyone who would have believed the mayhem that has resulted from the vote.
For some people, that might well have made them question their vote.
That, to me, doesn't necessarily indicate they regret which way they voted ... they might well question what is going to become of the country when they see all the fallout.
I think we can all blame our politicians for that.
None of them seem to have had a plan.
Least of all Cameron who bluntly announced ... I'm off.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top