Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 06:34 AM

Re: Beware Booking.com

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Would at least justify the time (ie cost) you had to spend composing your e-mail, hope you get and hope you enjoy the meal
Thanks, Losos. Not so much the email, but the time taken to successfully find alternative accommodation certainly merits some recompense!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 06:41 PM

Update - I've had a refund to cover the extra I had to pay for an alternative room. As they actually offered to sort this rather than my having to ask for it I guess I see them in a different light now.
(And yes, the refund covered dinner including wine )
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Update - I've had a refund to cover the extra I had to pay for an alternative room. As they actually offered to sort this rather than my having to ask for it I guess I see them in a different light now.
(And yes, the refund covered dinner including wine )
So pleased everything worked out well for you in the end, Ania
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 06:54 PM

I've used Booking.com maybe once, but i much prefer Laterooms. You have to have some comeback if hotels start spouting certain deals. But, sometimes it's easy to book and pay when you get there and not everyone has the money to phone the hotel directly and book. The thing is, these companies shouldn't be taking on hotels that are letting people down. It just makes you want to diss them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 01:36 AM

When overseas I use Agoda never had a problem with them either. They have had some very good deals in Asia over the last 12 months with prices in 4 star hotels reduced to less than $20AUS (£10) a night.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top