Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Re: An Afterlife?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Well, we don't always get what we want, we get what were given.
mmmmm I will give it back then..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
Knowing my luck, I'd come back as me!
Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->

The bible tells us that we would sit at the feet of the Almighty and sing hymns of his greatness. I really would be fed up with his by lunchtime.
Haha, priceless.....
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 04:15 PM

I believe we are recycled. Earth to earth dust to dust but the spirit is reborn into another being. Often find when one family member departs this earth within weeks a new baby is born to that same family, not sure it is the same recycled spirit but would be interesting if it were. I keep an open mind on it but I do believe in an afterlife.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I believe we are recycled. Earth to earth dust to dust but the spirit is reborn into another being. Often find when one family member departs this earth within weeks a new baby is born to that same family, not sure it is the same recycled spirit but would be interesting if it were. I keep an open mind on it but I do believe in an afterlife.
I can't see any purpose in the recycled scenario.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 04:35 PM

I'm not sure I want to go to Heaven. I wouldn't know anyone there.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 07:03 PM

An afterlife? Heaven forbid-my father might be around but I doubt even the Devil would want him.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:47 PM

To me an after life would be to be re united with all my loved ones/ friends. I have read that you keep being re born untill you become spiritually perfect ,then you become a spiritual guide ,unseen i,e guardian angel , to help some other soul reach perfection.If you believe in after life it makes sense to be keep being re born or we'd have too many souls drifting around
There have been many cases of some one vividly remembering a previous life time. Also read that everyone in one life time also returns in the next ,though maybe in a different relationship . But of course no one can say for sure
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
To me an after life would be to be re united with all my loved ones/ friends.
So what happens if there is an afterlife and someone has been married more than once and their partners died, imagine living an eternity having to share ...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:44 PM

Imagine the stench of my father`s feet-actually it`s better not to go there
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
A profound question, and one not answered easily.

If there is such a thing as an after-life - and I really don't believe this is so - then all sorts of things have to be considered..

My Granny was a frail old lady in her mid-70's, and she had great trouble just moving around her room. Getting downstairs and upstairs was a problem even with two of us to help her.

Now, if I went to heaven, would she be there to greet me? Would she still be the fail old lady with no teeth? Would she be destined to spend eternity in this way? I wouldn't be able to recognise her if she was a young Victorian lass, and she wouldn't be 'my granny'.

Wouldn't I get bored in heaven? Oh, it would be lovely to walk through unspoilt woods, to play golf on pristine courses, to bathe beside beautiful beaches, to ski on perfect slopes, to fish on the banks of a pastured river.
.... but, how long could I do this before I became bored with it all?
The bible tells us that we would sit at the feet of the Almighty and sing hymns of his greatness. I really would be fed up with his by lunchtime.

Many of my best friends have been cats and dogs. They were sometimes 'naughty' by human standards, but they were never evil or bad. A priest once told me that animals were not allowed into heaven because they had no souls - only humans had souls. I thought then, and continue to think how unfair that is.

If I went to heaven, would I be allowed to use the occasional swear word? Could I tell a rude joke? Would it be permissible to give a wolf whistle to a pretty angel sitting on a cloud? Would I be sent to hell if I passed wind?

You know something? It sounds a lot more fun down in the other place, and that's probably where I'm going anyway!

Lovely post, Hans, except that priest should make an effort to learn more before he goes informing people that animals have no souls. How pompous to think it was only a privelidge for himself and other humans.
The animals are living sentient beings, who come here the same way we do, and go back the same way we do. And yes, I definitely believe there is an 'animal heaven.'

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top