Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 04:12 PM

Re: R.I.P Spider

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Very good!
If it had been a lady spider she might have made eight eyes at me.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 05:06 PM

I had one trying to scale the same lounge wall every night last week but failing miserably. I think he or she was a little ermm... special shall we say?

Anyway by saturday it had obviously climbed once too often, on an empty stomach too, and was upside down legs curled, in the corner of the room.

It's a tough life, being a spider
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My little spider friend who has spent the past few weeks living inside my door mirror was sadly found dead this morning. He would often pop his little head out and say hello before embarking on a trip.

We have recently been to Exeter, Totnes and Dorchester but I think maybe the cold snap finally got to him.

R.I.P my little friend.
LD, In John McEnroe's words.......You cant be serious?!!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Are you sure it's dead?, it might have shed its skin and moved on!!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 05:49 PM

That gave me quite a turn, there is a forum member called Spider and I thought it was him.

Anyway, condolences for your loss!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 08:36 PM

I gave up spiders a while ago. Into snails now. They don't vanish so fast, and they are vegans.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 09:00 PM

Oh dingalong, you don't half make me smile....you're a breath of fresh air

You're half way there making me think spiders are like little pets not confounded things to be scared of
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 05:17 PM

Well, there it is, the one thing that normally brings a perspiring brow and the shakes. My phobia of spiders.

I am ashamed to admit I am terrified of spiders. Probably stems from childhood and being tortured by my brothers!

The last time I saw a spider was last week in the bathroom and it was whilst I was sat on the loo. I noticed there was a tiny spider making it's way away from me walking along the floor shelf towards the sink unit. (there is a tiny gap between wall and unit).
"Now come on Mary" I thought to myself,"he is so tiny he can't possibly harm you! besides he's walking away from you".

I watched as he reached the sink unit only for the biggest bloomin spider I have ever seen jump out in an attempt to grab him, he turned quickly to get away and back to where I was sitting!
I let out a sort of strangled cry and fled with my knickers and trousers still around my ankles!. (not a pretty sight I can assure you) Ugh!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh dingalong, you don't half make me smile....you're a breath of fresh air

You're half way there making me think spiders are like little pets not confounded things to be scared of
Well I can't say they don't make me jump sometimes but once my heart rate has slowed down, I don't mind them at all. I always try to save those micro spiders from drowning in the sink.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-10-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
That gave me quite a turn, there is a forum member called Spider and I thought it was him.

Anyway, condolences for your loss!
Sorry to give you a fright CC, so far I haven't seen the real Spider on here.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top