Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

30-03-2021, 01:04 AM

Re: Elimination

There's one thing I would eliminate from this world: evil.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by annju_13 ->
There's one thing I would eliminate from this world: evil.

I think that, in essence, is very high minded and self evidently decent ambition. Trouble is, people (The entire human species) have many different ideas about what "evil" is. I've had this conversation before with somebody who said.."evil people". I simply asked the question...What people would you say are evil..The answer was.."Don't be ridiculous!..You know what evil means!..It means anybody who speaks against or denies God is evil. They are soldiers of Satan"..So I said.."OK, well I don't believe in God. Does that make me evil?..." THat person said.."Yes then you are evil because you an agent of Satan"..I said that I don't believe in Satan either. There was no further conversation. So with respect..Can I ask who you think is an evil person or what evil actually is?
annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

30-03-2021, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I think that, in essence, is very high minded and self evidently decent ambition. Trouble is, people (The entire human species) have many different ideas about what "evil" is. I've had this conversation before with somebody who said.."evil people". I simply asked the question...What people would you say are evil..The answer was.."Don't be ridiculous!..You know what evil means!..It means anybody who speaks against or denies God is evil. They are soldiers of Satan"..So I said.."OK, well I don't believe in God. Does that make me evil?..." THat person said.."Yes then you are evil because you an agent of Satan"..I said that I don't believe in Satan either. There was no further conversation. So with respect..Can I ask who you think is an evil person or what evil actually is?
I've never met an evil person. Thankfully everyone in my life is good to me. I would say evil to me is someone who does evil things to others or to the world. It's not really about religion. It's about the actions of some people. Giving others a hard time and then laughing about it. Killing people. Being mean to others on purpose.

I don't think you're evil just because you don't believe in God. That doesn't make you an evil person.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by annju_13 ->
I've never met an evil person. Thankfully everyone in my life is good to me. I would say evil to me is someone who does evil things to others or to the world. It's not really about religion. It's about the actions of some people. Giving others a hard time and then laughing about it. Killing people. Being mean to others on purpose.

I don't think you're evil just because you don't believe in God. That doesn't make you an evil person.
Thank you!..I'm glad you have a good life. You are obviously an empathic person who cares about others. And it sounds like you hate bullies as much as I do.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 03:29 AM

My negative thinking
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 04:30 AM

Calories......nasty little blighters they are
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just a bit of fun, but I wondered . . . . if you could press a magic button and get rid of just ONE thing, either from your life, or from this world, what would it be?

Cruelty to animals - including testing and vivisection.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 06:58 AM

Ignorance.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 07:58 AM

There is nothing about other people or the world I would want to change.or press a magic button to magic it away.

That is not my right.or in my mind.

Just for the record God given “ faith” can’t be taken away by man.....indwells inside a believer.
For keezoy information ,regardless of how much “ you” or others “ can’t stand” religion/ faith..
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 08:09 AM

Betting Shops (Gambling).

(all my favourites have already been mentioned!)

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top