Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 03:38 AM

Re: My new little car

I also got carried away in 1972

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Why don't you stick some white dots on it?
Ooooo yea - polka dots - fab !!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 10:45 AM

removed
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 11:05 AM

Why don't you stick some white dots on it?

Hi Ploppy, cos I think flowers go with butterflies better than dots would.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Ploppy, cos I think flowers go with butterflies better than dots would.

Good answer, Mups!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->

Good answer, Mups!

Well I know its probably a naff idea, but its only a bit of fun and something to cheer up a plain black surface (and me).
Will try and post a picture later, but only if it turns out o.k!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 02:36 PM

I've gone all girlie in me dotage (or mental, not sure which).
I'm going to put a few graphics on my car, I hope it don't look 'tacky'. Not loads of them splattered everywhere, just a couple of little flowers and 2 butterflies nearby.
You see, much as I like it, it is all black and I've never been keen on black cars, so I just want to break the black up a bit.
Am I beyond help?
And why not Mups at least you won't have the problem I have distinguishing my car from a hundred others which look the same in Waitrose car park
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 02:40 PM

I also got carried away in 1972
I like the personalised number plate, very apt.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 03:06 PM

Reasonable question Pats. The answer is, I liked everything else about it and thought it was silly turning it down purely because of the colour.
As you perhaps know, the courtesy car had to be returned so I didn't have a lot more time to mess about either.
That's fair enough Mups..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 04:36 PM

So pleased for you Mups - the Matiz is quite economical by all accounts too!

I once had a minivan that was multi-coloured - done properly mind you - and it turned a few heads back in 1972 but I also had a red Corsair once and the previous owner had painted it up like a WWII Curtis Kittyhawk (Shark's Teeth!) so it ended up being called the Red Shark by everyone!

Someone had tweaked it up engine-wise too so it had to have lowered suspension and wide wheels for grip but other than that it looked like a normal Ford Corsair.

Sitting at traffic lights once I had a boy-racer in an MG pull up alongside me.
He smirked at my Corsair and kept revving his engine, silly sod!

What he didn't know was this car did 0 - 60mph in 7 seconds - easily, which is why it need the extra grab tyres cos it was too easy to wheelspin it!

I loved that car but one day the differential gave up (rear wheel drive back then) - too much torque my mate said and I never got it going as well after that, even after changing the diff. stevmk2

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top