Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 09:53 PM

Re: Rotary Clothes Line ~ which one ?

Thanks George ~ it's not usually very windy here so that shouldn't be a problem and my existing one wasn't expensive
It's lasted very well but sometimes now it's a struggle to put up and then I start wishing I had an ordinary line and a clothes prop .... hmmmmmmm ....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
We got ours at Dunelms
They have quite a range http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/util...utdoor-airers/
We don't seem to have Dunelms
Looking at Brabantia on Amazon again now but I always like to have a good look and handle things before I buy
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 10:00 PM

Shame Rachel, I love a poodle around their store...your nearest is Croyden I think
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:00 PM

Rotary clothes lines are great if you have a dead level yard, other wise one side will be to low, clothes dragging in the dirt, the other side to high to reach.
They fold up also, you don't hang yourself when there not in use.
And you can also buy a tent that fits them for when your having afternoon parties.
I just use a piece of chord with a prop. When I wash the bed sheets it is long enough to hang properly. Not like the rotary lines. And cheaper to.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-03-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Shame Rachel, I love a poodle around their store...your nearest is Croyden I think
Oooo Croyden's a loooooong way from me ~ other side of London
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-03-2014, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by david ->
Rotary clothes lines are great if you have a dead level yard, other wise one side will be to low, clothes dragging in the dirt, the other side to high to reach.
They fold up also, you don't hang yourself when there not in use.
And you can also buy a tent that fits them for when your having afternoon parties.
I just use a piece of chord with a prop. When I wash the bed sheets it is long enough to hang properly. Not like the rotary lines. And cheaper to.
Good point; sheets are a bit of a problem with rotary lines

A tent would be a nice addition
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:29 PM

I have a large garden so I prefer my washing line and props.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 05:41 AM

In the world of rotary clothes lines there is only one brand and that is Hills Hoists They have been making them since 1945.

They all fold up and also can be easily removed so you can use the whole garden for your grandkids. Mine is only the 7 line version with about 50 metres of line and about 4 metre diameter head but that was always more than enough hanging space for the washing of a family with three kids. They last pretty well - though arguably not as long as the original galvanised all steel ones.

As someone mentioned you can get shadecloth and vinyl covers for them for the odd picnic or protect the kids from the sun - personally never bought or used those.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 07:21 AM

I have a super one - but cannot use it any more as the last time, when I went to put it away in the garage, the ground spike came too - and is stuck fast to the bottom of the main pole - so I can no longer hammer it into the ground. Have try everything to free it - oil, WD40 - everything, but it is still stuck. Was considering one of those free standing ones - has anyone any experience of those ?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Mine is only the 7 line version with about 50 metres of line and about 4 metre diameter head but that was always more than enough hanging space for the washing of a family with three kids. They last pretty well - though arguably not as long as the original galvanised all steel ones.
Thanks Bruce ~ the diameter is something I was intending to ask about next. I will need to insure that I have enough space

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have a super one - but cannot use it any more as the last time, when I went to put it away in the garage, the ground spike came too - and is stuck fast to the bottom of the main pole - so I can no longer hammer it into the ground. Have try everything to free it - oil, WD40 - everything, but it is still stuck. Was considering one of those free standing ones - has anyone any experience of those ?
Would an angle grinder get it off ?

Or maybe you could find a larger diameter spike and put the whole thing in ?
Or get a piece of heavy duty plastic 'pipe' ?

I've used this sort of thing before, when I wanted a small fence around my pond which would be easily removed for mowing, weeding etc.
I dug down and put in the plastic tubes, packed around them with stones and earth and then the long uprights I had on my fencing just dropped into them

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top