Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 06:47 PM

Re: Fireworks

Originally Posted by callumsmum ->
Someone is letting fireworks off here and its only just gone 5 my callum is hysterical he was running round like a loony .I really do think it should be one night only .suppose i had better go and calm him down he wont go out to the loo now for hours..
Mary, could you put a radio on where Callum is so that it helps to drown the noise of the fireworks?

It's such a shame that our pets have to suffer like this every year
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Its been awful round here since about 4.30pm. Had the back door open to let Hatti out and the loudest firework I have ever heard went off. My Sister was here and she came running into kitchen thinking my central heating boiler had exploded!!! They've been going off most of night, but not like that one. Hatti usually barks at the first lot going off then settles, but took a while tonight. Can't wait for the day when someone somewhere bans them!
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 06:14 AM

Well the ones we heard last night were in the next village i have open land of fields and a river between me and the next village and callum was hysterical i let him out about 8 he just stopped to go for a toilet when a loud bang erupted so he shot in..On Bonfire night and possibly the friday and sunday he will now get taken for a extra walk about 4 then i shall close all windows and blinds and keep him in the front room with the television louder..Its just the strength of the fireworks now they are so loud .I am so glad i am not back where i was as that went on night after night for weeks.It should now be made law that its only on "ONE NIGHT "..And its time for council run bonfires only..
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2011, 08:06 PM

What a horrid waste of money these are....and poof...there they go...money up in smoke. It is dreadful here. Even the organised ones. We have them on the Grand Peir, the sea front, the local rugby club, the football club and the sea cadets....all within about half a mile from me. The noise is deafening!!!!! I feel REALLY sorry for all the animals and especially the birds that must be nearly blown out of the trees and roof tops. My cats hate them but I can't stay up with them all the time 'cause the fireworks go off until the small hours. Yes, as children, we had a few squibs, the odd small rocket and a catherine wheel but the boom of these new fireworks are horrendous. I am not sure why the 'health and safety' brigade have not banned all fireworks before now...but no.....conkers are much more dangerous (I don't think).
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2011, 10:25 AM

we have fire works going off already and so many people are injured I think they should be limited to proper displays. my brother was born on nov 5th and remember my hair and dress burning on different occassions and one year mum set fire to the back door ( in the basement area) with a catherine wheel
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2011, 10:27 AM

just thougth we also had a huge street bonfire on a bit of bombsite we kids played on dug caves etc and when they built flats there they found an unexploded bomb with heat damage where we had lit the fire over it each year, bomb disposile decided we were lucky it did not go off
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2011, 03:48 PM

It gets earlier and earlier and lasts longer each year its so unfair to our pets. I think they should be only availabe to purchase a couple of days before November 5th and you should have to show evidence that they are for a proper organized display.

It also amazes me that in these supposedly hard times people still have money to literally burn with Christmas just round the corner.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2011, 07:44 PM

Yes Its such a waste of money. It seems I give endless advice to people( Mancunians are known as knowalls) but when we had bonfire night I used to sit in the hall on the stairs with the dogs and we had the radio on very loud to kill the noise of fire works. Mind you they have them at the drop of a hat these days.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 06:21 PM

Fireworks, bangers, and all that noisy stuff has been banned here since as far back as I can remember, but they still get them from the street traders in town who smuggle them down from Northern Ireland, its a big money spinner for them and as long as the kids have the money to buy them it will continue.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 06:26 PM

Fireworks just started going off here really loudly and there is also an organised "do" starting at 6.30. I have to leave at 6.45 for my night shift and my daughter is at work til 7.30 so I will have to leave the TV and lights on really loudly when I go to work for the dogs. They arent scared of fireworks normally but these are so loud they sound like explosions. Is is me or do they get louder every year??

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top