Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:29 PM

Re: HS2 - a contractors goldmine!!!

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
The B/S is all yours since the payment not only not authorised but expressly forbidden so the fault lies with whoever decided to ignore those instructions.
That's alright then problem solved?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 08:39 PM

If money is being wasted then the Government is accountable because it's public funding.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 10:38 AM

I'm not saying that in the end the government is not accountable if you mean by that we all end up paying, well, us taxpayers that is. I'm saying that the situation is not as Joe and the Guardian make out.
Nobody can anticipate an employee going rogue and deliberately ignoring instructions.
However, I don't expect people keen to exploit it to undermine the present government to understand, nor do I wish to continue a topic which is going nowhere so I'll opt out now thanks.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 01:14 PM

I'm not saying that in the end the government is not accountable if you mean by that we all end up paying, well, us taxpayers that is. I'm saying that the situation is not as Joe and the Guardian make out.
Nobody can anticipate an employee going rogue and deliberately ignoring instructions.
However, I don't expect people keen to exploit it to undermine the present government to understand, nor do I wish to continue a topic which is going nowhere so I'll opt out now thanks.

Oh, getting a bit too close for comfort am I??? - too embarassing for you to admit your scumbag 'nasty party' have seriously stuffed up (yet again!!!).
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 04:23 PM

My post wasn't directed at you so don't flatter yourself. I don't expect to change views as entrenched as yours. Your just making yourself look foolish. I wonder does anyone take any notice of you these days?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 04:25 PM

My post wasn't directed at you so don't flatter yourself. I don't expect to change views as entrenched as yours. Your just making yourself look foolish. I wonder does anyone take any notice of you these days?

Since you've replied, yes it seems you do take notice.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

20-12-2017, 10:36 AM

That's because I'm much too polite to ignore you as others seem to do.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-12-2017, 02:05 PM

That's because I'm much too polite to ignore you as others seem to do.

That makes a change!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top