Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 07:05 AM

Re: Men !

Originally Posted by Mollie ->

I've never been a kept woman so I never saw why he should be a kept man. Ya only reaps what ya sews!
Wise words Mollie, wise words...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:56 AM

I brought my son up to be independent and his time in the army didn't hurt him either. When he's home (he works away a lot) he does all the cooking and ironing for his wife and is quite happy to do the housework too. My OH on the other hand is quite happy if he has a bucket of cement and a project but he is the messiest, most untidy person in the house I have ever known. I once asked his mother if she had ever told him what a coathanger was for, her reply, "well the floor is easier isn't it"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 11:33 AM

It's nice to see so many independent individuals around nowadays, however things were a lot different when I was young and I'm speaking from my own experiences of times past. My Mother did everything for me when I was living at home, when I married my wife took over, it was the thing to do in those days. The girls gave up working when they married and 'Sold' their insurance stamps to the social welfare for a lump sum (£10), this meant they couldn't sign on the dole. Wives didn't go to work, they had more than enough to keep them busy at home, it was the mans duty to provide for the family and it belittled a man for his wife to go out working. Any man who lived on his wife's earnings was looked down on by his fellow men. the wives were given the money to run the house for the week on a Friday night and they managed it with great skill, thats probably how they became so good at economy.
Men who cooked, sewed, wheeled prams, washed clothes, ironed, when they didn't have to were called 'Mollies' and had to put up with stick from their fellow workers, an example, "Freddy's not working late tonight lads, he has to rush home to do the weekly washing.' Titter, titter. Most of the jobs then had a bit of overtime going and the men would jump at the chance to make an extra few bob, most of which was given to the wife.
Tough we may think now, but most were happy. thats the way it was over here where I grew up whether you liked it or not.
Steve MacLellan
New Member!
Nova Scotia, Canada
Steve MacLellan is male 

22-06-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
It's the fault of the wimmin of our era, bringing up their young boys and their mam doing everything for 'em, whilst they expect the girl children to be capable. Men have always been useless in the home, unless they're trained from early on!
Well.... you might have something there I've been married twice and was quite well used to be looked after like most of the women here are saying. Both wives managed the bank accounts, looked after paying the bills, filled in forms, etc.....

After my second divorce I decided I would just live by myself, although I'm raising my daughter from my second marriage. She turns 16 this year.

So now, besides running my own business, I have to look after everything else. I look after the bank accounts, paying the bills, sending invoices, forms, cooking, cleaning, laundry, the daughter and friends chauffeur, and everything else.

Heck, if I had of known how easy all of this stuff is.... I might never have gotten married. Now... if there is something I CAN'T do.... then I just hire someone to do it, and I don't pay them to complain

Regards,
Steve
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 04:52 PM

It starts at birth almost, boys get play things, guns, bows and arrows bikes etc. A girl gets playthings, a pram, a doll, a cooker and pans an ironing board and iron, its just brain washing.
Steve MacLellan
New Member!
Nova Scotia, Canada
Steve MacLellan is male 

22-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
It starts at birth almost, boys get play things, guns, bows and arrows bikes etc. A girl gets playthings, a pram, a doll, a cooker and pans an ironing board and iron, its just brain washing.
All-right. Make me a sandwich then, and we'll just forget about it

Regards,
Steve
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 06:56 PM

OK will that be on brown or white!
Steve MacLellan
New Member!
Nova Scotia, Canada
Steve MacLellan is male 

22-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the laugh! I've been laughing at that one for 10 minutes now and can't stop If nothing else, we still have our sense of humour

Thanks,
Steve
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2012, 10:01 AM

I heard a line in the new Johnny Depp film Dark Shadows last night, I think it says it all on the battle of the sexes.
A young girl is being interviewed for the job of governess in the large Family house, the mistress asks her some questions the last one being, "Do you think the sexes should be equal?" "Good heavens no!, men would become unmanageable."
Priceless!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2012, 01:58 PM

My OH favourite excuses...........I can't see to do it without my glasses, (which of course are nowhere to be found), these machine buttons are too small for my big fingers, I swear he wrote the book of excuses ! I must admit that my first husband was much better around the house, unfortunately he was also much better around other women too

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top