Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 09:50 AM

Re: So0mething to Think About

The post office is inevitable as it can't really compete without tax payers bills going up in order to support it. It's a shame really as the postie is often the one to notice something is wrong at someone's house (just like the milkmen would raise an alarm).

Cheques and cash are something I seldom use, it's quicker and easier with a card and banks take way too long to clear a cheque (even if the debiting and crediting account are within the same bank!)

Newspapers are unreliable sources of information and have become way too sensationalised (the old 'if it bleeds it leads type of mentality).

Books I would never give up voluntarily - a gadget doesn't do it for me; I like proper books.

Television is going to have to find another way of surviving and I, for one, hope that it does as there are a fair few programmes I really like. The big mistake they made was over-advertising and people just became fed up of the lengthy interruptions of programmes. They may have to go back to sponsoring or product placement to get viewers back to 'live' tv.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top