Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:03 PM

Re: "Tomorrow's World"

I thought the best invention in my early life was the TV, I was mad about television, I used to dream about it being in colour one day and I would have one all to meself, but that was in the early days of TV, little did I know the crap they would be showing today.

A footnote to that, when a lot of my favourites of radio first appeared on TV I was shocked at how they looked in comparison to their voices, especially the women, some of them who had real sexy voices turned out to be right dragons on the screen.
Who was it who said to Bruce Forsyth “You have a lovely face for radio”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:06 PM

Folks just kick data about nowadays, so what.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:29 PM

Those new 3D printers are amazing, they can make anything from replacement joints to houses!
I never thought I'd ever see something like that!
They have programmes on the Japanese news channel (NHK I think it's called) and on Euronews sometimes showing new inventions.

I love the Focus magazine, it's very expensive, luckily our dentist has them in the waiting room. If I get there early for my appointment I get to read it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:40 PM

That's Ok, if you don't mind living in a Polypropylene House.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:06 PM

Space travel, computers, internet, mobile phones, NATO
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 08:00 AM

I remember talking on the home phone ( before mobiles ) I was just covered in a bath towel , I said to my friend , thank goodness we can't see each other as I'm not dressed . Little did I realise that one day we would be able to see each other whilst chatting . I find technology fascinating and wonder what next will be invented . As much as I love technology I think life is more complicated . Having bought a new TV and humax box I could hardly understand what the salesman was talking about . I eventually set it up with the help of a friend and reminded her of the days when you plugged in the TV and someone stood in the room holding the aerial up in the air ....left a bit , higher , more to the right , perfect , now stay there .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top