Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 01:40 PM

Re: A neighbour is repairing bikes outside my flat

I know but unless Jazzi can stop him and I caution against doing anything she might regret then sometimes we just have to find a way to tolerate it. Honestly I do sympathise I have my own neighbours who could drive me mad but I don't let them. Getting mad just makes it all worse I find.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 01:50 PM

Absolutely right.
I didn't say to 'get' mad, I meant I 'am' mad !
Mad - angry, at inconsiderate people, but yes - you have to be cautious, this is where having a good moan about it helps
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 01:53 PM

Life should be like this - but it isn't .....

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 01:55 PM

Completely agree !
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 02:08 PM

You don't need to look in your handbook, I assume these are rented flats, get straight on to Enviromental Health and tell them he is operating a noisey business from a residential address.
But be prepared for any backlash if he knows that it was you who reported him.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
You don't need to look in your handbook, I assume these are rented flats, get straight on to Enviromental Health and tell them he is operating a noisey business from a residential address.
But be prepared for any backlash if he knows that it was you who reported him.
No, the majority of us (inc myself) are owners: these are mainly shared ownership flats. I don't know how many people own their home outright, but I think his missus was one of the earlier buyers. He came along later in life I seem to remember. Her son used to play football in the car park entrance, by my bathroom window, and got cross when I asked him to stop. And yes, there are 'no ball games allowed' notices, and yes, it was nowhere near his home!!

I am just sick to death of the inconsiderate people who live here.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No, the majority of us (inc myself) are owners: these are mainly shared ownership flats. I don't know how many people own their home outright, but I think his missus was one of the earlier buyers. He came along later in life I seem to remember. Her son used to play football in the car park entrance, by my bathroom window, and got cross when I asked him to stop. And yes, there are 'no ball games allowed' notices, and yes, it was nowhere near his home!!

I am just sick to death of the inconsiderate people who live here.
It doesn't mater if they own, or rent their home, there are laws against operating a noisey business from a residential address.
Phone the Enviromental Health.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 04:55 PM

If there's one thing I simply do not understand it's why some people insist on constantly revving stationary motorcycles!

Why don't they just hold back 25% of the fuel they buy and chuck it away and have done with it?!

It's the same thing though isn't it?

I've also found though that some people do the same with petrol-driven strimmers, blowers and hedge trimmers.

Anyway Jazzi, I'd video the b*****d so you've got some ammo for the HA.

Mind you I'd be reluctant to approach them before I'd spoken to the "offender" really - just a thought. stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
We've covered this Mups, I can't just walk away from the flat this very minute, as much as I'd like to. Waiting to hear on the equipment, but I doubt it'll be sufficient.

I've come home from the bank and shopping, to find the bloke out there, and the gardeners with their noisy machines. I'm feeling desperately tired and want a lie down. Where?! I feel my ears are being assaulted.

He's tinkering on the bike now and sometimes has a radio playing, though for months he wore headphones.

Feeling grumpy. When I come home from hospital I will have pretty much nowhere to rest. I can see a caravan holiday looming on the near horizon, providing I can drive.

Jan darlin' - you're Asthmatic - (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and the fumes from his exhaust and the smell of the oil as he strips and repairs these bikes is triggering your asthmatic attacks - therefore tell him (politely) to urinate elsewhere and remove his bikes away from your flat entirely.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top