Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jilly
Stoke on trent Uk
Jilly is female 

21-04-2013, 04:55 PM

Re: Should Grandparents be allowed to look after dogs?

I have always had dogs and all different breeds. I now have a lovely chihuahua whose is really soft and loveable but having said that I would never leave any dog alone with a small child it's just a matter of being responsible, any animal can turn in my opinion.
athomson9
New Member!
London, UK
athomson9 is male 

27-04-2013, 09:53 PM

I'm not sure it can be attributed to grandparents care - more like long term neglect of the parents themselves to choose the right dog, and raise it in the right manner!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 08:32 AM

I don't think anyone is suggesting neglect just that dogs behave differently for different people.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 07:39 AM

I think dogs are (or maybe - can be) quite complex. I've read many reports about how soft and silly they can be with their owners and completely different with other people. I think the title to my posting is provocative and was actually a counter to all the press reports of it being hoodies out there with "dogs of type" that were causing the problem.I think you can put a spin on anything you have a prejudice against.

I have to keep my side of the road clean so to speak, my dog has had aggressive encounters with other dogs but NEVER with a human. He hasn't any experience of children but wags his tail when he sees them in the park at a distance. I don't encourage children to come up to him and he is not allowed to go up to children - because I just don't know. In all likelihood, he'd knock them over and lick them.

It breaks my heart when I hear about children or adults killed by dogs - it all seems so horrific.

I think it's very important to remember that children killed by dogs is rare and minuscule compared to children killed by cars and other means.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top