Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 02:07 AM

Re: Cats Communication Revealed

One of ours who was absolutely mine but who sadly disappeared just after we moved (she was so pretty have absolutely no doubt someone snatched her), at our old house there were chestnut trees, and come autumn she would bring me leaves, we would wake to find one on each stair.

Gizzy lies along Adams belly, 'marking' him by rubbing her cheeks along his chin, which is not too bad one might think, except she also dribbles at the same time, all into his beard. Drives him nuts.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 02:24 AM

So sorry to hear of the disappearance. Cats are so independent and they have their own reasons for what they do, and it doesn't mean you did anything wrong at all.

Point in case. Billie moved in here almost four years ago. He obviously lived somewhere else previously but, for reasons of his own, he wanted to move in here, much to the chagrin of the three remaining old cats whom he traumatised and tormented,

Over that three year period, the old ones died of old age and eventually Billie and I agreed a non-conflict pact, but only after he'd made a complete mess of my left arm and hand which resulted in a trip to A&E, and that was because I'd interfered with his obsession to rule the roost in my house and with my old cats.

I was told on another forum that he was feral and that he'd never accept me as his human, but I proved them wrong because today he's very adorable and I believe his aggression toward me and the others were because he had been badly treated by humans in his kittenhood, and that wasn't his fault and he'd never had other kittens to play with so never inter-acted, poor lad.

He's a good boy, and I feel very privilged that he chose me as his human.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Sorry to hear of your cat's dissapearance Daisy.. It's very sad.. I would be devastated..

As for the film.... It was very interesting. I also was surprised that showing their tummy wasn't inviting a tummy rub. Belle does this to me all the time when I am sitting in a chair.. I would usually rub her tummy with my bare foot.. Now I will just reach down and scratch her head.. That's good to know.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

28-08-2013, 07:28 AM

That was very informative thank you,i wish i knew about that tummy thing sooner though,both my hands and arms have been ripped to shreds at different times,and i thought my little feral friend Moggs loved me! lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top