Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Re: Here we are Mittwoch again.

Good morning all, great day weatherwise not cold at all and plenty of sunshine. Great to see everyone in good form and smashing pictures folks. Sandy the average charge over here for a boiler service is 100 euro, the wife had it done last week (on the boiler, not herself, although she does get steamed up now and then).
Enjoy the day Folks.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh dear Loretta that doesn't bode well for the replacement I am expecting to receive. I think I better buy a cheap one to have in reserve...
I honestly don't know what it is with us and kettles Meg, we've had Russel Hobbs, Swan, Bosch, you name it, none have lasted more than a few weeks, both in UK and here. We don't do anything unusual with them, just switch them on to boil water. I think we'll be sticking with the Chinese shop ones, they seem to last longer and are at least cheap enough to replace.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Good morning folks, I'm late today for two reasons: first that we've just spent three hours grooming the dogs (must get better clippers methinks..) and secondly I couldn't find the Good Morning thread, so I suppose this will have to do...

Salmon for lunch then out with the dogs to the forest then feet up with a book later will complete my day..

Have a good day everyone.

Barry
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Have a good day everyone, crisp and cold here
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Clumsy - just wondered if the kettle didnt work with the electrics
in Spain. Dont they have a different outage of electricity than
we do in the UK?
You did manage a Chinese take away that lasted which is good lol.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Clumsy - just wondered if the kettle didnt work with the electrics
in Spain. Dont they have a different outage of electricity than
we do in the UK?
You did manage a Chinese take away that lasted which is good lol.
We do have "different" electricity here BowieEyes but our problems were mainly in England and in 3 different houses. One day our fairly new kettle "blew" so my OH went straight off to the shop to exchange it, he came back with a new one, same make, plugged it in, it blew. It went straight back, replaced, this one worked twice then blew. We got a refund of money this time. We thought maybe there was a problem with our electrics so we had it all checked out, no problem but we gave up and bought a kettle you had to heat on the gas hob. We then moved to a new house and bought a new electric kettle, one week later, hey presto it blew. It was replaced, it blew again. It doesn't seem to matter where we are or what country we are in, we simply don't have any luck with electric kettles no matter how much they cost. As I stated above, the one we now use we have had for just over two years trouble free and it cost only 11 euros. Now that I've praised it, it will most likely go wrong, but I shall just go and buy another one from a Chinese shop.

Funny thing, my washing machine, which was already in this house when we bought it, is some Spanish make, no doubt long since gone. I don't know how long the previous owners had it but we have been here for 13 years and this washing machine is still going as well as ever. Well, apart from the fact my OH fixed a loose door problem with it a few weeks ago that is. I really won't be able to complain when that gives up it's working life either, but I bet the next one I get won't last as long.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 03:11 PM

Sorry that I confused you Barry, I just thought I'd practice my German.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Hello from me! damp and dreary morning here, no chance of putting washing out.

We had a visit from our daughter for a few hours this morning, we did a bit of shopping, came back and caught up on all the news over a warming coffee/tea.

Enjoy your day!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Meg, maybe we should start a 'do kettles commit suicide?' thread .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top