Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Re: For all Stephen King fans

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I actually meant I can't see the point of horror in general daisymay, I must be a bit of a wimp I suppose....
You a bit of a wimp Barry!!!! - never, not you

I quite like some of Steven King's stuff - for example The Shining and Carrie and, of course, Kujo. There was one with a clown in that I didn't particularly like, but then I find clowns really creepy anyway. Husband likes Steven King's books and has read most of them (He's creepy as well).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 10:39 PM

I was hooked on him after I first read Kujo. I liked David Soul in Salem's Lot, a great tale. One of my favourite actress Kathy Bates was brilliant in Misery, she had a good cure for itchy feet, another smashing story. Stephen King is up there with the best of horror writers in my opinion.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Is there a book by him that isn't good?
I'm not very keen on "Tommyknockers" but I love almost everything else!
My favourites are The Dark Tower series, and The Talisman and its sequel Black House, and, of course, "IT!"

Mick
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Stephen King is up there with the best of horror writers in my opinion.
I think he is much more than a horror writer. I think his concentration on "horror" fiction (especially in his early work) has led him to be seriously underrated as as serious writer by the snooty intellectual critics.

Mick
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think he is much more than a horror writer. I think his concentration on "horror" fiction (especially in his early work) has led him to be seriously underrated as as serious writer by the snooty intellectual critics.

Mick
Yes Mick, horror stories apart, he is a great writer and story teller.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I'm so pleased you let us know daisymay...I'm a great fan of King.
Is there a book by him that isn't good?
Have to say that I could not get on with 'lisey's story' (think I have that right) and having just googled Stephen King books it appears there are a few I have missed. Ah well will have to get son to sort out my e-reader for me

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top