Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Re: E.T. intelligence

For every sun in the galaxy, remember there's planets revolving around them, . . when you think of the number of planets our sun has it's boggling aint it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 04:37 PM

But a lot of those planets are gas giants and unsuitable for life as we know it. But there must be some Earthlike ones among the billions.......
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
But a lot of those planets are gas giants and unsuitable for life as we know it.
You've been watching Star Trek aintcha, . . . Spock said . . "it's life Jim, but not as we know it".
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:39 PM

Nope, never watched it (although Leia is named after a character); been an avid sci-fi reader since late childhood. My Dad enjoyed the genre and I soon picked up the habit.
nero
Central Scotland

30-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Nope, never watched it (although Leia is named after a character); been an avid sci-fi reader since late childhood. My Dad enjoyed the genre and I soon picked up the habit.
I thought you were a Treky reading all the Sci-Fi.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 02:02 AM

Please forgive me for resurrecting a two year old thread, but this made me titter, but I mean no disrespect.

What makes anybody think that we, as a race, are intelligent life forms? We are barely crawling out of the quagmire and the earliest recorded history of mankind is less than 10,000 years, over the billions of years since this planet was formed which, in time, is but the blink of an eye.

We are constantly at war with nation against nation and haven't as yet mastered the concept of peace. We still have racism, child abuse, animal abuse, murder, torture and, despite our technology now, it is still in its infancy.

Of course there is life on other planets. How bloody arrogant for anybody to think that in the vast infinity of space, think otherwise. Just one planet in space with intelligent life? Never!

Nah! Not in our Solar System because that's unlikely, and our Solar System is but a pin-prick in our Galaxy, the Milky Way, and the Milky Way is but a grain of sand in the Universe which is beyond measure.

We can only at this time reach our nearest and dearest. The Moon and Mars, and we can't even get out of own Solar System yet, never mind go into the outer reaches of our own Galaxy, not to mention the many other known galaxies.

No, I'm sorry if anybody truly believes that we're the only life forms in the vast reaches of the Universe, but I can promise you that we are not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top