Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Re: Bomb explosions at Boston Marathon kill 3

Dreadful Sue. My sympathies are with all the families of those who died and were injured.
I must agree with Meg -'We all have the ability to imagine what it must have been like and this just gives an added moment of triumph to any would be terrorists or perpetrators'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 03:58 PM

Absolutely agree with your post Karen - the media should have more respect and it does pander to the sickos that did this terrible act.
We watched a docu on several murders in Texas of young girls - all 'dumped' in the same large area..which has been named 'the killing fields' They have recently made a movie of the murders - only 1 man has ever been caught and tried - as some were copycat murders. I was sickened by the approach of the programme and by the recent film being made... I wonder how the families feel - and if, their permission was sought for the film 'The killing fields'....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 04:35 PM

I remember at the time of the Oklahoma bombing, there was limited sympathy from some quarters because it was felt that the Americans were simply getting a taste of their own medicine.

I should not be surprized that this atrocity was the work of some mad, disgruntled US citizen, rather than a foreign terrorist.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 04:51 PM

Yep George - said the same to Hubbs this morning.. seems to have their hallmark...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I remember at the time of the Oklahoma bombing, there was limited sympathy from some quarters because it was felt that the Americans were simply getting a taste of their own medicine.

I should not be surprized that this atrocity was the work of some mad, disgruntled US citizen, rather than a foreign terrorist.
Whilst I could never condone anyone being murdered and/or maimed, I did wonder if those Americans who helped to finance the IRA now know how we in Britain felt. As soon as the knowledge became fact, I never bought another single, solitary McDonald's meal again.

Also - what is the point of bombing innocent people? What is it supposed to achieve? What have ordinary people on the street ever done and what is it that terrorists expect them to be able to do that they see them as targets?

Sometimes, I feel I'm missing a few pieces of this particular jigsaw.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 05:52 PM

What cowards these killers are.... this story just keeps getting worse and worse.

My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrendous crime.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 06:16 PM

My sympathies for the dead and injured, a terrible thing to happen to innocent people.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-04-2013, 06:24 PM

You're not missing anything Karen - its the killers who are inane and callous - not 'caring' who they murder or harm...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:21 AM

What do you think of this quote? It's being circulated following the bombs in Boston.

"This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will." - Patton Oswalt
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2013, 01:39 PM

'The good outnumber you - and we always will'
Absolutely love the quote - gave my heart a lift - thanks Annie

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top