Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Re: What Was The Very First Record You Ever Bought?

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->

I was always buying records after that. Creedance Clearwater was one of mine too.
I have very happy memories associated with that song - my brother used to lug his tape player along on holidays and we used to play that and sing it - my parents were more tolerant than I sometimes remember
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:31 AM

There tunes always put a smile on my face. Been playing these on here very recently. Here you are ben-varrey (what do others call you?)

http://upchucky.us/JukeCity/CCR/index.html
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Absolutely brilliant Cheshire - looking at the album cover there, I can even see my Dad and hear him 'just look at the state of them, all that hair and not one of them looks like they use a bar of soap (moan moan grumble grumble) I shall leave those playing now

My name is Karen but I answer to either (Ben Varrey is what my husband used to call me - it means 'girl of the sea' or 'mermaid' given that I used to be a fanatical swimmer).
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Absolutely brilliant Cheshire - looking at the album cover there, I can even see my Dad and hear him 'just look at the state of them, all that hair and not one of them looks like they use a bar of soap (moan moan grumble grumble) I shall leave those playing now

My name is Karen but I answer to either (Ben Varrey is what my husband used to call me - it means 'girl of the sea' or 'mermaid' given that I used to be a fanatical swimmer).
Hi Karen, Glad you're enjoying them. Ben Varrey sounds very Manx. You can swim with the dolphins and Basking Sharks where you are. Can't wait to have another holiday over there.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:48 AM

When my older brother came home on leave from the navy one time he brought me a portable record player and among the records with it was Connie Francis' "Lipstick on your collar' I must've been about 10 I think and I too loved the Beatles 'Love me do' but I can't remember actually buying any records apart from the Stones 'Under the Boardwalk which I'd play over and over again
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Hi Karen, Glad you're enjoying them. Ben Varrey sounds very Manx. You can swim with the dolphins and Basking Sharks where you are. Can't wait to have another holiday over there.
I don't swim in the sea here Cheshire - it's a bit mucky! I've never seen a basking shark but have seen a lot of dolphins and seals. Ben Varrey is Manx - he also called me Ben my Chree which means 'girl of my heart' (as you can guess, he was Manx). Gonna shut up now before I start snivelling
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-04-2013, 02:09 PM

Saw quite a few Basking Sharks from Niarbyl Bay. Had a nice meal at the restaurant there and then spent a while just sitting on the cliff side counting the fins.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 02:18 PM

The first record I bought was Frankie Vaughan's "Garden of Eden" He was my heartthrob at the time after seeing him live at the local Hippodrome .... after that I had posters of him pinned all over my bedroom walls!

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 03:59 PM

OH Mags - you've brought back memories there - everytime we hear it Hubbs says 'He meets a beautiful woman - then leaves her there !!'
He cant get to grips with that line, so I have to put up with his gripe everytime he hears it !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 06:42 PM

There's a coincidence Mags, the first record that I ever bought was Tower of Strength by Frankie Vaughan, it must have been around 1961 and I think it made it to No.1....

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top