Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 02:33 AM

Re: Who Likes Thunderstorms?

oh yeah, I did add 2 more threads in this particular section (forum?) on extra terrestrials & .........ghostsssss.......
Nighty night
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Can't................. rude
Another was in Cattolica near Rimini ,Italy
Sitting in a cafe watching an electric storm over the Adriatic Sea, the waiters started lighting Hurricane Lamps. They called us into the inside of the bar. There was an explosion, and the lights went out in the town.
Looking out of the windows we could see a fog(No... beach was blowing to the south) Then the RAIN started, and we couldn't see the beach from the bar.
Two hours later(in the bar) the lights in the town came on and we walked back to hotel( in the rain)
Methinking rumpy pumpy, norty boy!

Originally Posted by zoolady100 ->
Hi Mollie, well its 9:30 pm I'm putting some of the animals to bed, feeding, giving veggies, switching other ones for exercise, thinking how glad I am the humidity has lessened, & hubby & I will be getting together by 10 or so to watch one of our DVDs then bed after putting the 'rest' of the animals to bed, lights out, .......there .......
'Tis a little cooler here now lass, but it is coming up to 3 a.m. so me bed awaits.

Thanks for the company tonight, and speak again soon.
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 02:50 AM

Wow 3 AM!
Mollie!

Shut those orbs!

. Goodnight
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by zoolady100 ->
I may be Lily Munster in drag but I love thunderstorms, knowing when one's coming, the sky getting darker, the wind blowing more, watching the house be overcome suddenly with gloom. Then 5 minutes later it's all over & moved on.

The things I don't like is if the power goes off.

No darlin' I don't like storms - have seen people killed in lightning strikes and was at sea in a hurricane - not nice!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 02:59 PM

I love thunder and lightening storms (not just thunder on its own) and the most spectacular I've ever seen was in Spain one afternoon - fork lightening the lot! I've never seen fork lightening (other than photos). We had rented a villa and I stood outside watching it all - there were several storms running at the same time, hubby stood inside watching through the window (covered by iron grills!). When I went back inside and into the kitchen, the lightening must have hit the iron bars on the kitchen window and ricocheted into the kitchen as there was a large crack going from one side of the kitchen floor to the other!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 03:04 PM

Yes, it can be very beautiful, but also extremely dangerous as well. I would also hate to be at sea in such conditions as that must be quite terrifying.

I think the worse conditions I've travelled in was when we were going from Liverpool to Belfast back in around 1978 and there was a Force 8 gale (so we were told) and to go and lie down and not drink alcohol. I quite enjoyed the experience, but not if I'd been up on deck.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 07:14 PM

I love storms, makes you feel alive! We used to get fantastic ones in the Transvaal, the air would turn blue, two or three types of lightning! Around about 4pm most summer days. Great, we once saw ball lightning which popped up like big fireflies out of the ground.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 07:20 PM

I don't like thunderstorms in this country but we saw some amazing storms once when we were on holiday in Turkey one year. Our balcony overlooked the mountains and when the storms started I was mesmerised by the sight of the mountains being lit up ....... it was truly amazing.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 07:25 PM

I don't mind thunder but I hate lightning, a hangover from when I was a child and our chimney was struck by lightning and fell down, the resulting 'evacuation' from our beds and the subsequent drama of the whole event has stayed with me to this day....
My hubby will stand at the window to watch the lightning..
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Wow, I didn't realize the harrowing ordeals some of you went through! My goodness UJ you actually 'saw' people being struck by lightening?
How awful!

I just get mesmerized as Mags stated but I sure would be looking for the nearest exit if I thought the house was going to be struck.
And, on the sea! Forget it! Were you in the war UJ? I realize that's not this thread. Maybe I'll begin one asking about the war as my husband & I have so much respect for the men & women who served

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top