Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Re: Times they are a changing

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Nothing wrong with football other than the kick off times.
The reason is that the fans come to the ground tanked up with booze, and in some grounds buy it.
Kick off at 10 am and you will see a different behaviour on the terraces.
That's an excellent point !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Nothing wrong with football other than the kick off times.
The reason is that the fans come to the ground tanked up with booze, and in some grounds buy it.
Kick off at 10 am and you will see a different behaviour on the terraces.
And yet in the NE (where they certainly like a drink), I didn't see any of that at one single match I went to ...

I am a football fan and I don't drink at all - ever. So, not all fans go 'tanked up' or buy it when they're there. It was nice to see so many families there as well.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

One of the most shameful things now is the racism and homophobic chants. Would never hear that at cricket/tennis matches
It's actually incredibly rare at football matches nowadays. Anyone seen or heard doing such things are immediately hoiked out of the ground and banned by the football club and arrested by the police.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And why not ? I know my father used to reminisce about when he was a lad and the entire family would go to matches, he was quite distressed being unable to even go to a match himself in at the height of the violence let alone take his children with him.

One of the most shameful things now is the racism and homophobic chants. Would never hear that at cricket/tennis matches
Quite right Julie, I agree with you there.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Just imagine what would happen to all that pent-up testosterone if there wasn't football! I don't like the game or any thing about it but it may serve a purpose.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Just imagine what would happen to all that pent-up testosterone if there wasn't football! I don't like the game or any thing about it but it may serve a purpose.
Wonder how many of them would still be playing if the money wasn't so high?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top