Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:36 PM

Re: Witches.

I have been known to dance naked in the full moon light raising the Devil!
Just go to Glastonbury, you can see there are many believers around! You can buy all kinds of potions & talismans in the shops!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:58 PM

Is it significant that there are Thirteen Mantras.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 11:18 PM

Yes, they couldn't think of any more.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Seriously.. the Wiccan religion.. or practice is becoming more popular. I know several people who practice the belief... and they don't ride brooms and cackle. They celebrate the natural world and the solstices are holidays.
I knew a lady who was a Wiccan witch too audrey, she still is.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 10:20 AM

It seems to me that those with a 'closed mind' feel the need to deride others that have had experiences ....... Better to accept that there 'may' be more to our existence ..... fair enough - surely .....
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

18-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Witch? not sure about that,but if you changed the "W" for another letter of the alphabet i would say yes i do! lol

Billy
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I knew a lady who was a Wiccan witch too audrey, she still is.
Yes.. and I know that they are offended by the image of the grizzley bent old crone conguring up spells and potions. It's simpley not the case. If you read their mantras, you can see how they corrulate with some of the old ancient beliefs.. Very little of their practices involves actual witchcraft.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
It seems to me that those with a 'closed mind' feel the need to deride others that have had experiences ....... Better to accept that there 'may' be more to our existence ..... fair enough - surely .....
If you are referring to me Pat I can assure you that I had no intention of deriding anyone. If others choose to believe in the supernatural that's up to them but it's equally valid for me to say that it's a medieval attitude if that's what I think.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 03:51 PM

Yes it is Alan - all in the way things are said tho' and 'fairy tales' comes across as deriding to me .....
To choose words carefully is respecting the 'other' point of view ......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Yes it is Alan - all in the way things are said tho' and 'fairy tales' comes across as deriding to me .....
To choose words carefully is respecting the 'other' point of view ......
If you feel that I have scorned you I do apologise Pat. You believe what you want to believe and so will I. For me you have to have a good reason for believing in something and I have NEVER had a supernatural experience nor has anyone else ever convinced me that they have done so.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top