Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Re: Just wondering

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I still have my Hubs, but I know the feeling of loss
Me too.

Loss is something you never get over but you do learn to live with it.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 02:49 PM

I lost my Hubby 6 and a half years ago...just 7 days before our 55th anniversery...he had been unable to help at all for 13 years before he passed due to problems with heart, lungs, arthritis and alzheimers. We worked together all our married years farming, so together 24/7...not easy being that close...I do miss him a lot..always will...reading this thread has put me into deep sadness and some tears. Glad to have read this thread..hugs, Shirley
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 03:41 PM

So sad for you Shirley, must be so hard especially when in pain ....
My heart sends good wishes to you xx
zoe
New Member!
pa. usa
zoe is female 

15-10-2013, 04:01 PM

ShirleyMarie, I am so sorry for your sadness. I understand how you are feeling. I know we will always love and miss our husbands. I am wishing you peace and good wishes to you.
Again, Thank you everyone for posting and sending your thoughts, It helps very much. zoe
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Some people say that time heals, but they never say how long time is, however it does work for a lot of folk, because we're all different, but if you've had a very intense relationship with your partner the loss is much greater, BUT as time passes, it slowly becomes more bearable, but acceptance is the hardest part.
Time doesn't heal, all it does is takes your mind off the pain - piece by piece. It's like taking aspirin. If you keep taking 3 every 4 hours the pain is at bay, but if you miss a dose it comes right back again.

As the months and years pass, you learn to keep taking the "aspirin", but sometimes you'll miss a dose, and when you do, the pain is just as fresh as it was when it first happened.

I lost my first wife after less than 1 month of marriage back in 1969 and whenever I let my guard down the pain I feel is just as intense as it was 44 years ago.

You are exactly right about acceptance though Mollie.

Thankfully I married my 2nd wife shortly after and realised that there was no point in waiting around. I was still young and could start again - which I did. I know that sounds terribly harsh and you know what, it was, but I am so glad I did as I now have my wife, a daughter and three grandchildren.

If I lost my wife now though, I don't know what I'd do or how I'd cope.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 11:36 PM

That is very, very sad Oldbugger, but I am so glad you found love again, it takes guts to move on. You've not only found happiness again - you've brought happiness to someone else as well.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 12:53 AM

My hubby Danny died 3 yrs ago last June and I thought cos I didn't cry I was coping, but I wasn't, there are still days when I just look at 1 of his pics and think "Won't be long now love,fore I'm with you again" yet I'm not desperately unhappy but I just want to feel him,to touch him, I stretch my arm out in bed to touch his hand. I've moved on but it hasn't gone away just learning to adjust and live without him, we were together 45 yrs.
Each stage of grieving affects us differently.No set pattern.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top