Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Re: supermarkets

Customers who stand blethering in the middle of aisles.

Display stands in the middle of aisles

Customers who take ages to pack, then are surprized to find that they have to pay, then take more ages to find their money.

Checkout operators who wait until the aforesaid customers finally manage to pack everything, put their purse / wallet away, get their butt in gear and moving, before they start putting my stuff through.
(I find Lidl & Aldi have the fastest checkout people)

The new layout in Tescos - can't find a thing anymore. Went looking for red lentils - eventually found them in 3 different places at 3 different prices.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 02:08 PM

We can take a while to pack if we haven't used self scan, but you will have to forgive us we have to balance the bags for the trek across the car park when we get home and up stairs when we get here. Anything not balanced well causes either back pain or mental pain as we realise we are not going to make it !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 02:15 PM

All the things I find irritating about shopping have already been mentioned - if they put those advertising stands in an aisle that makes it difficult to get past, just move it out of the way, I do! As for the top shelf, I'm usually the one being asked 'would you mind getting XYZ down for me' and I do as I'm 5ft 6" so can reach most high shelves.

I detest shopping and always have but husband always loved it!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Hi Julie 1962, how are you feeling? Fully recovered yet?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I hate top shelf goods too as I'm only small, I always have to wait there until I spy someone tall coming along because there is rarely an assistant to be found when you need one.
I too, get frustrated with those big wire crates full of things, stuck all over the place, and they're always in front of something I'm trying to get to.
Also, why do supermarkets have to keep changing the aisles around? Just when you think you can zip in and out quickly, everything you wanted has disappeared, and again, assistants are few and far between or else they say "I'm with another customer at the moment" - and you never see them again!
Well Mupps you have answered your own question there, they change stuff around so that you have to go looking, and in so doing may just spot something you do not normally purchase but may be tempted to try.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:29 PM

They lose out with me - If I cant see what I want, I'm not traipsing around for it, so they lose the sale .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:42 PM

Oh, I forgot the most important irritant: music, or muzak. Oh God, I especially hate it before Christmas when you get the same CD played all the time. There is just no escape from it.

#Simply...having...a wonderful Christmas time.#
#So here it is, merry Christmas, everybody's having fuuuuun#

Argghhhh!!!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Julie 1962, how are you feeling? Fully recovered yet?
Getting there Jazzi thanks for asking !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Customers who stand blethering in the middle of aisles.
Display stands in the middle of aisles
Customers who take ages to pack, then are surprized to find that they have to pay, then take more ages to find their money.
Checkout operators who wait until the aforesaid customers finally manage to pack everything, put their purse / wallet away, get their butt in gear and moving, before they start putting my stuff through.
(I find Lidl & Aldi have the fastest checkout people)
The new layout in Tescos - can't find a thing anymore. Went looking for red lentils - eventually found them in 3 different places at 3 different prices.
Everything that you have said here I agree with Grumblewagon!!
What about those patrons that use the the trolleys as Zimmer Frames though?!
Don't they just get on 'yer wick?!!

I hate those customers that just stand there as the goods go through the scanner, just looking at the pile building up then, as the check-out gets to the last item, start packing, because they are also the ones that tend to have the money-off vouchers or a duff card to pay for it all! stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 05:39 PM

People, people, people, we all have access to the internet, so why not, instead of getting angry in the supermarket, get 'them' to deliver it to you.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top