Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 11:46 AM

Re: Rat

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Funny thing I was dreaming about them last night or this morning. Nice big fat friendly ones down the bottom of my garden. Eh, now what is that about?
I think you need to eat less cheese
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 11:51 AM

I put my unrest to good use. I just wrote a brilliant poem about it you see.

Mark's Poems & Prose

Can't beat a bit of Flagrant Self-Promotion .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I smell a rat. Or it could be a red herring, either way it's fishy . Put another log on the fire.
Now you're getting warm & on the right trail.

I smell a rat here RJ.
Has SF lent you his obscure head for a day or two Robert?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Why do we hate the creatures so much, they have and still are forfeiting their lives to develop life saving medicines for humanity, we should be grateful to the Rat Race. I suppose we fear them as disease spreading vermin.
They helped save many a City under siege in bygone days when there was nothing else left to eat, poor things, nobody loves them, and the bad press doesn't help either, maybe we should have a 'Get to know your local Rat' week to help us understand these masters of survival.
Bring back Roland Rat to TV, he was a favourite with the kids years ago.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Why do we hate the creatures so much, they have and still are forfeiting their lives to develop life saving medicines for humanity, we should be grateful to the Rat Race. I suppose we fear them as disease spreading vermin.
They helped save many a City under siege in bygone days when there was nothing else left to eat, poor things, nobody loves them, and the bad press doesn't help either, maybe we should have a 'Get to know your local Rat' week to help us understand these masters of survival.
Bring back Roland Rat to TV, he was a favourite with the kids years ago.
A good point. Funnily enough I thought that in my dream. My father would have just killed them outright but it crossed my mind that they were very intelligent creatures and would probably be very interesting to study and befriend. I know that seems weird to think in that way in a dream but I def thought it. Trouble is James Herbert's book 'The Rats' also flashed before me . Could have ended up being eaten alive! Glad I woke up just after come to think of it .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:11 PM

According to statistics we in the UK are never further than 15 yrds from a Rat...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone ever smelt one.
Is that the same as "feeling it in your bones"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:38 PM

I know a rat when I see one !
Anyway - I agree with Jem - the little furry ones are OK - mice are OK too .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone ever smelt one.
Oh, the tails I could tell
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
According to statistics we in the UK are never further than 15 yrds from a Rat...
Some might say they're only a whisker away

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top