Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 02:29 PM

Re: The Momentous Question

Well, normally I would say next to the wall. But...my loo holder is, or was, guess what, 4ft away from the loo, on the opposite wall!

Because it was ridiculously out of reach I remember removing it. Now have an upright IKEA cabinet against that wall, with a further IKEA loo roll cabinet, standing just 25" high, but I don't even use that anymore. Couldn't get the middle bit out from the grooves, so my loo rolls just sit on top, on the box of wet wipes! Spare rolls inside.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 05:49 PM

Over the top of the wall for my loo roll.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 06:23 PM

I agree with VM, it is a very important subject, something we all do everyday but some are reluctant to speak of it, maybe this is my chance to ask a question.
Something I have always wondered about toilet rolls since the great changeover from newspaper squares, the advertisers will boast each roll has more sheets then their competitors, some are even cushioned and perfumed (perfume?, talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water ), but why are they perforated in such small lengths, can't understand that, what was the man thinking when he came up with that, they should increase the length to twelve inch's at least, surely one is not expected to complete the operation with one six inch sheet?, although I know some people who are so tight a stamp would do them.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 06:43 PM

My T rolls are on a pole, it carries 4,neighbours don't get the sound traveling through the wall every time you pull it off the wall hanger then.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 06:45 PM

OTT for me can't stand it against the wall. I guess that's why I'm the one to change it all the time. Hubby always makes sure there is at least one piece left on the roll so he doesn't have to change it.

Don't have that problem Eliza. Your walls must be very thin.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Over the top. By the way has anyone noticed the rolls are getting narrower?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Definitely over the top for me, you can get more pullability on the roll that way...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Over the top. By the way has anyone noticed the rolls are getting narrower?
Yes I've seen that Twiz, what does that mean do you think?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 07:56 PM

Over the top (as I like my rollerblinds to be fitted) and if I am having any posh guests I also turn the ends under in a neat triangle just to impress and then I will also buy the bogroll to match the colour of the loo and will buy a nice thick one so as not to appear mean. When the posh visitors have gone we go back to the Daily Mirror, which him indoors cuts into squares 4" x 4" and lovingly threads onto a piece of string.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Over the top (as I like my rollerblinds to be fitted) and if I am having any posh guests I also turn the ends under in a neat triangle just to impress and then I will also buy the bogroll to match the colour of the loo and will buy a nice thick one so as not to appear mean. When the posh visitors have gone we go back to the Daily Mirror, which him indoors cuts into squares 4" x 4" and lovingly threads onto a piece of string.
@ Rena!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top