Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Re: Celebrity big brother

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Well I shall be watching it

Disappointed to see that Katie Price and Katie Hopkins are rumoured to be going in - I hope that's all it is: rumours.
Good grief - With those two inflated egos there would not be room for anyone else.

I really do think that C5 need to get rid of the chavvy mindset they've had and follow the Aussie route and they might just redeem the programme but whilst they go down the road they've been going down, they'll never win the public back or persuade 'celebrities' to go in (personally, I think the celebrity version is usually not that good but I'll still be watching it ).
Unfortunately it is the chavs, with little or no idea how to behave in public, who boost the viewing figures. For some reason, the nastier or the more salacious it becomes, the more people watch.

I watched the first ever series - because it was new and an interesting psychological experiment. Have seen odd episodes from subsequent series and did not like the way it was heading. Can't watch now, even if I wanted to, threw the TV out two years ago.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I agree with you on that, when we have nicer people it's a refreshing change I do hope they have reasonable people if they are going to have americans and aussies because several years the poor foreign guests must think have been dropped into a zoo !
I often feel embarrassed by the way the British HMs behave - it does paint a very bad picture for the visiting HMs from abroad.

Still, it reinforces my own thoughts: I may not be happy with my lot but at least I'm nowhere near as bad as they are, quite cathartic really
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Well I had some surprising news tonight! My eldest granddaughter always comes for dinner today and she was telling me that Katie Price has bought a farm not far from where I live and she plans on actually living here! I wouldn't have thought the Isle of Man was her scene to be honest.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Well I had some surprising news tonight! My eldest granddaughter always comes for dinner today and she was telling me that Katie Price has bought a farm not far from where I live and she plans on actually living here! I wouldn't have thought the Isle of Man was her scene to be honest.

Heaven help you. The IoM will never be the same again!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

17-12-2013, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Heaven help you. The IoM will never be the same again!
When I pulled a face Mups, Lauren said 'you are such a snob nanny' but I don't see it as snobbery to know a chav when you see one! Lauren said she's going to judge Katie Price on her behaviour and that made me laugh for some reason
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 07:30 AM

Eeeoooow
She gets everywhere dont she !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 09:06 AM

I have a feeling she may be a bit different off screen byt time will tell, wishing you luck though
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 10:42 AM

Shes a 'tart' - simple as that ! On or off screen .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 10:50 AM

That would mean she is a really good actress because when she drops the Jordan persona and is just Katie she appears very different. We saw that in the jungle and when she deals with her horses she is very serious character indeed.

I am no fan and really dislike Jordan character but she seems different depending on what she is doing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-12-2013, 11:05 AM

Oh please Julie - dont do the 'animal' bit ......
It seems to me, if you like animals, you can get away with a lot !
See that so often.
Shes a 'tart' - and the sight of her makes me feel sick, portraying women as she does, no 'role model' for the young is she !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top