Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Re: Show us your doodles

Originally Posted by MrsKaia ->
That's a shame. I don't consider myself artistic. I just copy from a photo. So I guess I just have a very good eye hand coordination

I like your doodles though. Very nice. Done with a fine liner?
I also copy from photos and books, using lead pencils, biro and the occasional fine liner. Tried watercolour love the medium but just far beyond my abilities. I think im going to have to have a go with my paint pro gramme and see if i can add a doodle or two.

BTW i like your Turkey Vulture,birds are my favourite photography subject.
MrsKaia
California, USA
MrsKaia is female  MrsKaia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I also copy from photos and books, using lead pencils, biro and the occasional fine liner. Tried watercolour love the medium but just far beyond my abilities. I think im going to have to have a go with my paint pro gramme and see if i can add a doodle or two.
Nice! Love to see some more of your art
My first 'love' was graphite pencil. Later on I tried colored pencil, soft pastel, and now I am even trying my luck with acrylics. Still going back to graphite pencil every now and then. Working on a portrait of a young black girl. Love the challenge of a portrait.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
BTW i like your Turkey Vulture,birds are my favourite photography subject.
Thanks. I like photographing birds in flight, but they are so darn hard to capture right. Tried my luck at hummingbirds for a long time, and in a 5 year period I think I was only able to capture 1 in flight that actually didn't look blurry
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 08:42 PM

Apologies Nom and to everyone else who has contributed to

this thread so far but how could I resist posting a pic of my

wonderful, cuddly Doodle-cat who died on Friday ?

Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 08:55 PM

Awwwww! Rachel, what a beautiful picture of a beautiful boy.
It's brought tears to my eyes.

Wish I could doodle Nom but I was told by my art teacher at school that I had no ability whatsoever at art. He was right, of course, so doodling is definitely out of the question!!!

Yours are very good though.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->

my art teacher at school that I had no ability whatsoever at art. He was right, of course, so doodling is definitely out of the question!!!

Yours are very good though.
C'mon Joy
Wasn't Fred Astaire put down a bit before he became famous ?

and what about the Beatles ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Beatles hm! Bah!
Sorry about your lovely kitty Rachel!

Not very good I'm afraid, out of practice and Emmerdale was interesting!
MrsKaia
California, USA
MrsKaia is female  MrsKaia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your cat, Rachel
MrsKaia
California, USA

28-01-2014, 10:03 PM

Nice doodles Twizard. I like the hand. Very good.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MrsKaia ->
Nice! Love to see some more of your art
My first 'love' was graphite pencil. Later on I tried colored pencil, soft pastel, and now I am even trying my luck with acrylics. Still going back to graphite pencil every now and then. Working on a portrait of a young black girl. Love the challenge of a portrait.

Thanks. I like photographing birds in flight, but they are so darn hard to capture right. Tried my luck at hummingbirds for a long time, and in a 5 year period I think I was only able to capture 1 in flight that actually didn't look blurry
Few bits and pieces in my gallery but not what i call art, keep thinking of trying pastels for my backgrounds, high shutterspeeds needed for birds in flight an art in itself.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

28-01-2014, 10:37 PM

All of us can doodle, its not about, art, its therapy . Stick man, apple, pear, dog, cat, flower, cmon guys its not a contest just fun, cheeky phrases get you brownie points.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top