Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 04:22 PM

Re: Google - or Forum

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I always think if you want a chat ask the forum, but if you want the right answers then ask Google...
And I think - ye of little faith ....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I always think if you want a chat ask the forum, but if you want the right answers then ask Google...
Barry that's a bit like what the wife says to me when I give her advice "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I don't believe you"

I always like to ask folks as they may have had experience of what I'm asking and you can't beat experience in my view.
We used to have someone on here a few years ago, forget her name now but she used to hit the roof if you asked something, "Why the hell don't you google the answer", she got so uptight about it that she used to make me laugh, God forgive me, she hasn't been on for quite a while now, wonder what happened her, I was going to say something there but I'd only get into trouble, no matter the thought will suffice.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 07:29 PM

Oooo-er
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 08:13 PM

I prefer to do both. Google, for widespread information, and here, for personal experience.

I'm glad that person doesn't seem to be on here! I'd hate to be shouted at to Google summat if I feel people on here could help more. We're all friends on here, so I would feel comfortable asking for advice.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Barry that's a bit like what the wife says to me when I give her advice "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I don't believe you"
I know what you mean Jem, most of my wives have said exactly the same thing...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2014, 09:29 AM

Ugh !! Don't know why I put 'facebook' ! Never use it - I meant 'you tube'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

I always like to ask folks as they may have had experience of what I'm asking and you can't beat experience in my view.
We used to have someone on here a few years ago, forget her name now but she used to hit the roof if you asked something, "Why the hell don't you google the answer", she got so uptight about it that she used to make me laugh, God forgive me, she hasn't been on for quite a while now, wonder what happened her, I was going to say something there but I'd only get into trouble, no matter the thought will suffice.
Jem, did you ever GOOGLE her?.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Join the club Patsy, I'm always doing it.

Although I'm not knocking the advantages of having google it has changed a few traditional pub practices like the pub quiz, they seem to have vanished in the pubs in my area, I was never any good at them but I always enjoyed the craic, the football and horse racing rows used to be very enjoyable, like who scored this and who rode that, they just google now and it's all over in seconds. Another thing now is when you try to spin a yarn in the pub nobody believes a word outa yeh, "Hang on a minute there Jem and I'll google that, got to get your facts right", everyone's a bloody smart alec nowadays armed to the teeth with technology, the harmless pub messer is consigned to history.
A beggar on the Halfpenny bridge the other day stuck out his left hand to me for money, he had his new mobile phone in his right hand talking to someone else at the same time, I offered him a euro and he said hang on a minute, he then googled to find out the begging rates on the Halfpenny bridge, "It's one euro and fifty cents mate, but I'll let you off this time"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Oh God - let me wipe me tears ....

Its so true what you say Jem - I never look up answers, wheres the fun in that ! Its sad if that goes on in the pubs today, have a good talk with 'em, show them the error of their ways .....
philwhiteland
Derbyshire, UK
philwhiteland is male  philwhiteland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm actually on You Tube - it's not very good though!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top