Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Re: Bob Crow

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
His only job was to keep his workers happy and healthy he did that very well. It wasn't his fault the rest of us are not represented as well.
But at the expense of everyone else, the phrase 'bu***r' you jack as long as I am alright' springs to mind. I strongly believe that unions have outlived their original usefulness. The leaders have become the 'managers' they previously denigrated.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 07:56 PM

How can you divide the population like that - workers are workers with 'rights' and I admire anyone that stands up for those rights.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 08:38 PM

I've read somewhere that Bob Crow got a salary of around £145k.

Let's not complain when the bankers or anyone else justify their bonuses.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 08:41 PM

That's peanuts compared to them and the stress he endured, didn't help him did it
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I've read somewhere that Bob Crow got a salary of around £145k.

Let's not complain when the bankers or anyone else justify their bonuses.

He also lived in a council house
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 10:11 PM

I was actually being sarcastic! I know full well who he was, and where he lived was probably not far from me. It's next door, so to speak.

Tube strikes have always been a bone of contention with me, and made me decide to resign from a job in London. I was exhausted after getting home late on the final one, some years ago. I'd had to struggle on the one line running, Jubilee, fighting with thousands of other commuters, couldn't get a bus at Stratford station, walked for heaven knows how long to get a different bus away from the crowds, with my arthritis and neuropathy I was dead on my feet when I got home.

So I personally am not grieving for this man.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 09:28 AM

His salary was paid by the workers he represented they must have thought him worth it, unlike the bankers who cream off the profits.

His council house ? he wasn't doing anything illegal and it kept him in the community unlike some leaders who move into grand places and lose touch with those they represent.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

His council house ? he wasn't doing anything illegal
Who said he was?

I'm Very right wing but I did admire Crow because he did his best for his members not like Scargil who used the miners to try to bring down this country for his own political ideology.

Good luck to him for making 145K a year.... wonder if that makes him a TOFF in some peoples eyes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Who said he was?

I'm Very right wing but I did admire Crow because he did his best for his members not like Scargil who used the miners to try to bring down this country for his own political ideology.

Good luck to him for making 145K a year.... wonder if that makes him a TOFF in some peoples eyes.
Being a 'Toff' has nothing to do with how much money you've got - its all about 'attitude' ..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
But at the expense of everyone else, the phrase 'bu***r' you jack as long as I am alright' springs to mind. I strongly believe that unions have outlived their original usefulness. The leaders have become the 'managers' they previously denigrated.
Agree wholeheartedly with that!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top