Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 08:20 PM

Re: Photo of the day

It's seems to me in this group there is always a compoaint about something.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Teddy ->
It's seems to me in this group there is always a compoaint about something.
Posting material that belongs to someone else, without their permission, is an infringement of copy write, and the forum owner could be prosecuted.
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 08:38 PM

Always something. I do not wish to be a hardship to the group.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Always something. I do not wish to be a hardship to the group.
It's not complaining. It's preventing people getting into trouble and/or litigation. Yes, there are loads of free pictures in the internet, but it's not always obvious if a photo is genuinely free or has been stolen from someone. I would take grave exception if someone stole my photos and passed them off without my permission.
Teddy
U.S.A.

03-04-2014, 09:08 PM

AS I said ,no matter what I do to be a part of this group it's wrong . Always have to pick very thing a part.
I have written to the mod's and ask them to delte my membership here at 50s form it's not for me any longer.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 09:43 PM

Hi Teddy i dont post a lot ,but this thread you started got me interested ,it would be nice if you stopped and posted some pics of where you live ,not on your door step of course .
Some times members tend to jump in when it would be better left to the moderator or owner to say whats right and whats wrong .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 09:50 PM

We post lots of photos on the Last To Post thread, no one complained on there! Don't leave Teddy!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 10:39 PM

Copyright infringement is a constant topic of photographic sites and some take it to the law, it would be wrong if the forum was compromised because of it. Easily solved by members posting their own photos of the day. Just because no one complained does not make it right, it may well be people are not aware.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 11:28 PM

Using Tin Eye, this has 442 results against it,im forbidden permission to view the oldest dated in 2010. it may be a stock image, or licensed for use by others or stolen by other sites, its hard to tell for sure.

Most sites ask that members post their own pics and also that anyone shown gives their permission, (not necessary of anyone on a public place in the UK).

Sorry Teddy but no one is picking on you just pointing out something you may not be aware of in Canada.

As far as i can see you have been welcomed openly on this site, but the members here have honest and open opinions and will express them.

I cant find the posting rules for photos on this site, if they exist can a mod point me in the right direction. ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2014, 11:59 PM

Mostly I get photos which aren't mine from Photobucket, they allow downloading & copying of the photos on their site, people can make theirs private if they don't want to share. I think some of the other sites do too. If they were copyright would you be able to copy them from Google etc? Wouldn't they put a block on it or a watermark like they do on DeviantArt?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top