Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Re: Emoticon question

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
What emoticon could I use when I'm furious at something? Any ideas?
You could use this one Jazzi ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by JulieS ->
I use him when I am joking or I find something funny, jolly green man with the toothy grin seems to say it all.
Me too
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 12:56 PM

Could it also look like "being smartarsed"? Not to the people that use it for other reasons but just realized it could look that way.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You could use this one Jazzi ......
Mags that little chap doesn't look furious to me, he's more like a lost alien.
These emoticons have been around for donkeys years now, they all seem to have the same ones, maybe they are due for an overhaul, perhaps some bright person, preferably with some circus clown experience, or one of those chaps who stand motionless at corners in busy city streets making facial expressions, could come up with something more convincing, the mere fact that folks have to query their meaning speaks for itself.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Mags that little chap doesn't look furious to me, he's more like a lost alien.
These emoticons have been around for donkeys years now, they all seem to have the same ones, maybe they are due for an overhaul, perhaps some bright person, preferably with some circus clown experience, or one of those chaps who stand motionless at corners in busy city streets making facial expressions, could come up with something more convincing, the mere fact that folks have to query their meaning speaks for itself.
How about this one then, Jem .....

It reminds me of Mark letting off steam while out running!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How about this one then, Jem .....

It reminds me of Mark letting off steam while our running!
Oh I do like him Mags, where was he hiding? probably in the 'More' part, I'd love to use him, all I need now is a reason.
As regards to poor Mark, I think it's steam he's looking for, for his boiler, he can't afford to let off any, besides he's freezing at the moment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Oh I do like him Mags, where was he hiding? probably in the 'More' part, I'd love to use him, all I need now is a reason.
As regards to poor Mark, I think it's steam he's looking for, for his boiler, he can't afford to let off any, besides he's freezing at the moment.
I'm afraid he's not one of "ours" Jem, I picked him up elsewhere!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top