Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:25 PM

Re: Oh how embarrassing!

we were in Spain and had gone on an excursion trip to a small village, it was quite boring, the guide was showing us around a bakery and suddenly I needed the loo urgently!
I looked around, couldn't find anywhere, kept searching desperately and found a passageway which I thought might lead to shops or a bar, walked through and there was a sign on a door in spanish saying toilet, thank goodness! whilst inside I heard voices, when I opened the door I found I was in someone's house! I think I broke the speed record getting out of there with much fear and embarrassment
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:32 PM

I made the mistake of going into the gents loo at Barcelona airport a few years ago. Heck, was I embarrassed! I got out of there as quickly as I could.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:35 PM

Many moons ago when everyone paid utility bills at the show rooms e.g. Gas and electricity I queued for about twenty minutes till it was my turn for paying the bill, it's the gas showroom says the lady behind the counter yes I know I replied, well, this is an electric bill!!!! When the laughter started in the que I bid a hasty retreat with my face on fire.

Now I'd have roared with laughter with them but being a young newly married young girl I felt mortified.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:45 PM

Ah - that's so sweet Gabi .......
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Now I'd have roared with laughter with them but being a young newly married young girl I felt mortified.
LOL Gabi..you just reminded me of the first meal I cooked for my future husband..

Thinking I would impress him..I did beef with peppers..

Half way through the meal he said..''how much was this pepper?...32p??''

He then showed me a sliver of pepper with the stick on price still attached!!..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
we were in Spain and had gone on an excursion trip to a small village, it was quite boring, the guide was showing us around a bakery and suddenly I needed the loo urgently!
I looked around, couldn't find anywhere, kept searching desperately and found a passageway which I thought might lead to shops or a bar, walked through and there was a sign on a door in spanish saying toilet, thank goodness! whilst inside I heard voices, when I opened the door I found I was in someone's house! I think I broke the speed record getting out of there with much fear and embarrassment
That cracked me up ,
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 04:44 PM

I've been stood at the gent's urinal when I've been abroad when a load of women waltzed in to use the cubicles........when the queue at the ladies' has been too long. Nobody (except me) seemed to mind.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Ha ha ha - like it!!!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 09:05 PM

Not an embarrassing tale of woe, but a tale of wee & woe.

In the year after our marriage, my brother and me took our brides on a tour of the west country in a dormobile.

We parked up in a dark deserted track, happily there was a pub nearby. We drank pints & pints of the local scrumpy
& had to get up several times during the night. Very inconvenient because our bunks were in the extended roof part.
In the morning we looked out of the window & were horrified to note that we were on the edge of a huge cliff & when we pee'd were only feet away from falling to our certain death.

Gives a whole new meaning to the expression
"Dying for a pee"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've been stood at the gent's urinal when I've been abroad when a load of women waltzed in to use the cubicles........when the queue at the ladies' has been too long. Nobody (except me) seemed to mind.
Gent's public toilets have largely disappeared. In their heyday they had an attendant offering a "wash & brush up" for 2/6. I was young & nervous of ever taking up the offer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top