Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Re: It's coming to us all . .

I've used them once in Sainsbury's and the machine short changed me, I had to wait for an assistant to come and recheck the total to confirm the machine had spat out the wrong change .... then she had to go away to collect my correct change.

No more SST's for me!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've used them once in Sainsbury's and the machine short changed me, I had to wait for an assistant to come and recheck the total to confirm the machine had spat out the wrong change .... then she had to go away to collect my correct change.

No more SST's for me!
Nor me - the scanner is handy though at those busy times, over the Christmas time mainly ......Can't be queuing that's for sure
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:55 PM

Only use them if I've only popped in for a couple of things. I've no doubt staff will be lost if we all use them, the supermarkets are getting enough profit so if they want me to shop then scan and pack my bag I need paying. If it comes that there will be all self service I will shop online at least someone will keep their jobs.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Every time I've tried them, usually at the insistence of impatient daughter or being shepherded towards them by assistants (who would be better off opening up another till and serving folk), I've ended up calling for help because they've gone wrong! I do have this affect on electronic devises, I shouldn't be allowed near them!
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 09:29 PM

They see me coming too, Twiz.

At my local superstore, the Grupenfuhrer in charge of 'em never smiles and I always attract the red light for some misdemeanor.

Also, I end up talking to the voice telling you to swipe your card/ remove item from bagging area etc - she has no patience either!

Gwyn
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 10:26 PM

Tried it once - got in a mess and an assistant came to my aid.
I never tried again..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 10:30 PM

I find the process slow, especially as some of my stuff inevitably needs "Authorization".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Tried this twice Mups - especially good at Christmas when the stores are heaving with shoppers.
The handheld gadget is easy to use, by holding it above the barcode, it then adds the item and acts like a calculator too

Then what happens when you've finished the shopping Patsy? Where do you pay?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Then what happens when you've finished the shopping Patsy? Where do you pay?
They have 'special' tills
Your question made me grin Mups, reminds me of the song
'Theres a hole in me bucket - dear Liza'
Honest though, only worth it at those very busy times ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Only use them if I've only popped in for a couple of things. I've no doubt staff will be lost if we all use them, the supermarkets are getting enough profit so if they want me to shop then scan and pack my bag I need paying. If it comes that there will be all self service I will shop online at least someone will keep their jobs.
Gabi - exactly what me an Hubs said when we tried the self service till, they are a bloomin nuisance - let alone how the staff must feel. At Christmas an alternative is a good idea, that's when the 'self scan' comes in and only then ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top