Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 11:38 AM

Re: Retribution

I am a cheek turner, with one exception, one none innocuous comment a long time ago, and a punch up that was terminated by bystanders, let's hope our paths never cross again.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 11:53 AM

I think it's just human nature to want justice, and what is justice other than retribution by another name? Those of you that are claiming the moral high ground by saying that say you would turn the other cheek, would surely still want the burglar/rapist/murderer caught and punished should you be the victim I'm sure, so is that not retribution?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think it's just human nature to want justice, and what is justice other than retribution by another name? Those of you that are claiming the moral high ground by saying that say you would turn the other cheek, would surely still want the burglar/rapist/murderer caught and punished should you be the victim I'm sure, so is that not retribution?
Barry never having experienced those things I can't comment on them or how I would feel if I did.
Spitfire said..
Has retribution ever crossed your mind, we have all been done wrongs in our eyes, but does anyone seek vengeance or do you turn the other cheek?.
.. I took this to mean according to our personal experiences ..
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote SUN TZU.
“If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 12:30 PM

Turn the other cheek and keep your dignity.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 12:52 PM

Get them back no matter how long it takes. Nice to see Sun Tzu quoted Curmudgeon, Art of War, and The Book of Five rings are packed with wisdom
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I usually put a curse on them whose done me wrong ,...
I knew someone that did that and it usually 'rebounded' Surely to curse someone would have to be a major incident, its horrible ........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->

Well of course, goes without saying - that's why I didn't .....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I usually put a curse on them whose done me wrong ,...
ME Too.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 01:49 PM

Why bother? Just sit back and watch!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top