Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 04:07 PM

Re: When We Have Gone

I too don't care what happens to my body when the time comes, but the family does, they want a place to go maybe to talk or just to spend a quiet moment in remembrance.
So we had a powwow and it was decided that 4 of us would be buried in the same place and the 5th wants to be cremated and his ashes sprinkled on the grave.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I too don't care what happens to my body when the time comes, but the family does, they want a place to go maybe to talk or just to spend a quiet moment in remembrance.
So we had a powwow and it was decided that 4 of us would be buried in the same place and the 5th wants to be cremated and his ashes sprinkled on the grave.
Sounds like a good plan.
A place to go to talk, grieve or pay homage is needed by some people and I am one of them.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The subject of when we are gone has been discussed a number of times on here over the years and my reply is still the same.

It matters not to me what my family do with my body but I think I will cause the minimum of inconvenience by having a woodland burial so at least I provide nourishment for some trees and flowers which will hopefully bring pleasure to the living

http://www.woodlandburials.co.uk/conditions.htm
a nice idea, a simple funeral but it cost's the earth!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 04:58 PM

My darling husband was cremated two years ago and his ashes scattered under a beautiful tree iat my youngest daughters local church graveyard where she and my little granddaughter go regularly. This was agreed by the rest of my children and the vicar kindly gave a small family service at the sprinkling of the ashes.
I also agree that your body is just a coat which you discard leaving your soul to go hopefully to a better place. After all we don't bury a limb if we lose it.

Thankfully I have my wonderful memories of when we were together for so many years.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 07:10 PM

Nice post Mr Magoo. I have a vision in my mind of my wife standing at a gravestone in the pouring rain staring down sadly at a load of rotten bones buried under the earth, it's always raining and miserable in our graveyard, what is the point of that I ask you, I don't want to inflict that on any of my loved ones so I've changed my mind now and I'm opting for cremation and they can stick my ashes anywhere they like as long as the don't have to stand out in all weathers if they want to look at them.
I think the best place to keep your loved ones is in your heart and mind.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 08:15 PM

lovely sentiment Jem!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 10:12 PM

I agree with you Mr Magoo. When my mom died in 2007 I went to her funeral service with the rest of my family (dad was already gone). It was decided she was to be cremated & buried with my dad's ashes. There was another service for that but my husband and I didn't go because we already said goodbye & I believed my mom's soul left her body the second she died anyway.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 08:23 AM

I'm not going anywhere. Too much living still to do yet
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Agreed! I'm too busy to even be sick��
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Just a thought. One of my friends husband was a Gravedigger. Whilst most Graveyards have automated diggers the one he worked in did not. He often came home with white dust on his trousers where he also mowed & strimmed it was caused by the remains of beloved people that had been left scattered on graves. Now I understand that very few Graveyards allow ashes to be scattered on the top of graves. (Health & Safety) My friends home is probably full of dust, well, she has a good excuse! Makes us smile.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top