Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Re: Our next King

Charles will be fine as a King. But the thread got me thinking--------Singing God save the King will feel strange.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 10:50 AM

Definately not Charles. He can't even keep the most sacred promise made when getting married to Diana when his true love was to Camilla whom he could not marry at the time. What other promises would he break? His tendency is leaning towards the Catholic faith yet he would supposedly be the head of the Church of England. I have no problem with that providing he announces he would not become King of England.

No definately not Charles too unstable in my opinion to be head of England. The whole of England would be covered in flowers to start with
At the moment the Royal family is admired throughout most of the civilised world. He would make it a laughing stock
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 12:16 PM

None of the above, King Nom has a nice ring about it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
None of the above, King Nom has a nice ring about it.
YAY - has a nice ring to it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 04:06 PM

If it was Charles, what would Camila's title be, would she automatically become 'Queen'?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Our present Royal family has a lot of relevant baggage hidden away but I greatly admire our Queen for her total devotion to her perceived duty at such a young age; even Philip was aware of that and "adapted" his life around that.

I'm sorry if you feel that's inconsequential but that's how I feel.
I come from a Navy family and swearing allegiance to the monarch is expected, without question, and millions of our armed forces have done so since Elizabeth was crowned our Queen.

For me, (and rather a lot of the younger generation), Prince Henry, (Harry), has become the idol of many, for obvious reasons; he is the epitome of the old-style King-in-Waiting!

However, protocol, and Harry himself has ruled that this is unlikely but for me I think it is a shame in some ways because we will need a strong King I think, and for me William isn't the first candidate I'd go for. stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
YAY - has a nice ring to it
A Gong for the lovely lady.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If it was Charles, what would Camila's title be, would she automatically become 'Queen'?
Don't tempt me Mups ........
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Don't tempt me Mups ........
Er.....bit of an awkward argument in so many ways.

I'm not the remotest bit religious-inclined so I don't give a - er - monkeys really - but I am not so detached from UK society in general to realise that Camilla Parker-Bowles would be readily accepted by the UK population as the "consort" of a future King Charles, although there is speculation that rather than becoming King Charles III, he may actually opt for George VII! stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:30 PM

I think Charles would be a better choice at this time, I'm sure he'd do the job he's been raised to do very well. Was never a fan of Diana so don't mind Camilla but doubt she would be named Queen.
William and Kate are very young still and, like the rest of us, should spend time with their son and new baby - when he/she arrives.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top