Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 07:53 AM

Re: Got my acupunture appt

Hi Carol and Honey,
I too have a TENS machine and had it for many years, using it for arthritis relief and other pain/injuries.

I can't yet try it for my bladder till I know where the acupunture points are (ankle) but may try that myself when the relief ends (it lasts for 6 weeks apparently).

Honey I'm glad you are finding it helps you. Mine is at the hospital where I had the op so it will be free. My reckoning is, they've left me in this pain, they can sort me out.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Carol and Honey,
I too have a TENS machine and had it for many years, using it for arthritis relief and other pain/injuries.

Jazzi - I remember you saying the other week that you were stiff & in pain because your arthritis medication had been stopped.

Did you use the Tens machine then? - Did it help?
In your opinion are they worth having?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 12:31 PM

I do hope it works for you Jazzi'

Acupuncture is available on the NHS, my hubby has an appointment in a couple of weeks for acupuncture at our GP practice.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 01:16 PM

I initially had NHS acupuncture but it didn't help relieve my pain, I think there is a huge difference in the chinese acupuncture and the health service treatment, I find it more intense when it's combined with cupping, deep massage and the use of a tens machine
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Jazzi - I remember you saying the other week that you were stiff & in pain because your arthritis medication had been stopped.

Did you use the Tens machine then? - Did it help?
In your opinion are they worth having?
Sorry Carol, only just going back through the posts.

No, didn't use the machine this time round as I wouldn't know where to start applying the pads. Was just stiff all over. Now back on the medication, at a reduced dose, so feeling a bit better.

The machine is definitely worth it. I would never get rid.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm really interested in acupuncture and Tens machines and any other form of alternative pain relief because my husband suffers badly with arthritis in his knees and is in a lot of pain. He's tried neither of these things so I'm keeping a close watch on these health pages to hear how they work.

Honey I hope the acupuncture works for Janet as well as it has for you. Do you mind me asking why you need a Tens machine if the pain has gone? Does this mean the acupuncture only offers temporary relief?
Well I'm disappointed to say the least! had my second acupuncture session that didn't go well and didn't alleviate my pain so I used my Tens machine on my back and my calf muscle for 40 minutes and I'm pain free! It was worth every penny and works out much cheaper than visiting an acupuncturist
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 09:36 AM

Good luck Jazzi. Hope your treatment goes well
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Well I'm disappointed to say the least! had my second acupuncture session that didn't go well and didn't alleviate my pain so I used my Tens machine on my back and my calf muscle for 40 minutes and I'm pain free! It was worth every penny and works out much cheaper than visiting an acupuncturist
Was that the Chinese one?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-10-2014, 04:06 PM

Er no, apparently, I haven't got said appointment! Letter received this morning from hospital confirming referral, and stating treatment will start in 2015!!! To say I was dismayed was putting it mildly!

Phoned my Pathway Co-ordinator who said, no appointment for that date. So I've scanned in the letter, started the email to send him a copy, saved as a draft, now I'm having a problem with internet connection on the desktop.

I phoned OP and they confirm no appt. i also left a voicemail message for the acupuncture nurse, but she won't pick up messages till Friday. And that's the day I do have the appointment with the Pain Team.

STILL can't get on the internet!!! Aaarrggggghhhh!!!!!

I am sooooooo p****d off, it's untrue.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

16-10-2014, 06:24 PM

I do wish these hospitals would get their acts together! Apparently the appointment is still on. There was a mix up with the letters in the order they were sent out, so they are still expecting me on that date in October.

Haven't a clue what they will do but will try to stay hopeful.

got the appointment with the pain team tomorrow and have just typed up 3 pages of A4 notes to take with me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top