Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 09:31 PM

Re: Handwriting..

My handwriting is dreadful, always was, evidently I donīt hold the pen properly (according to the teachers). These days itīs even worse, I write a few words then lapse into shorthand. If I have to write anything then it gets typed, at least that way itīs readable.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 12:08 AM

It's terrible I almost never write anymore & if I do my hand/arm begins to ache.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 01:48 AM

I have to admit if I have to sign my name in front of anyone my writing goes all over the place, my mum's was the same too!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 06:06 AM

Rarely write anything these days, my handwriting was never that good, but 40+ years of hammer rash and a touch of neuropothy have added to the decline. I gave up joined up writing long ago
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 07:40 AM

I still write letters, so my handwriting is still okey-dokey.

Sadly, I think it's becoming a dying art. I've always loved looking at beautiful writing, but you don't see much of it any more.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:00 AM

Whilst I don't as much writing by hand as I used, my handwriting is still good and is something I take great pride in. I think it has a lot to do with the fact I was the only left hander in my family and at school so writing neatly and as well as right handers was something I was determined to. When I broke my left wrist some years ago I was in the middle of doing research which meant taking lots of notes but soon found I could manage to write with my right hand almost as well as I could with my left.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 09:55 AM

I am also left handed and to prove it was good to be so, I had to
write with good looks of writing and not scribble.
I used to have penfriends I wrote to but now we type on e mail.
Luckily being a typist can type quickly and I feel much better
typing now than writing. It does get worse I think as you get out
of practise as well as older in the arm.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Believe it or not I actually passed a Pitmans college handwriting exam, now you are lucky if you can read it
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:14 AM

I don't think my handwriting has changed, I will put a photo on later.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:21 AM

My writing has always been awful, I was always told that I wrote too small for people to read especially when sending out a letter. How was the post man supposed to read where it was going.

Since I always had a typewriter and then computers I never write anything, even a shopping list is eligible.

I try writing but my mind soon wanders and then when I look at it even I cannot read it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top