Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 08:48 AM

Re: Remember - 'Compact' ?

Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch I believe. Where are they now?
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch I believe. Where are they now?
I'm afraid to look them up and find out. Was a time they were responsible for most theme tunes and lots of chart hits
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 09:15 AM

They did get married didn't they? Not that that means anything anymore.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I must stay in more, never heard of any of these.
Come from a long line of couch potatoes and got a fair bit of my education from the beeb, esp BBC2. Loathed the Queen which meant my insomniac nights went in entertained! My kids were so lucky growing up with so much choice and quality, for the most part - no Crossroads for them (mind you, we did have Magic Roundabout too - I remember they had to put it on later because people coming home from work didn't want to miss it!) What a golden age we've had though with the likes of Sopranos, The Wire and West Wing.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom

27-10-2014, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
They did get married didn't they? Not that that means anything anymore.
Yes EZ they did but just checked and Tony lives in the sun with wife number 3. They are both still with us fortunately, mid-70s.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 10:52 AM

Wow this brought memories back. Compact was about a magazine and its office staff. Ronald Allen played the son of the owner and everyone fancied the pants off of him
It ran from 1962 - 1965. The people who wrote it went on to write Crossroads. It was shown on a Tuesday and Thursday so it didn't clash
with Coronation Street. Also in the programme was the Australian actor
Vincent Ball. He will be 91 in December. The love interest for Ronald Allens character was Sue Lloyd. They married three months before he died in 1991 aged 60. Sue died 20 years later.
They made 373 episodes but only 4 remain in the archives.
So hope that helps people who never saw it. At the time in the 60's it was a new concept of watching people in an office and their private lives.
Seems tame now but it was a trend setter at the time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Wow this brought memories back. Compact was about a magazine and its office staff. Ronald Allen played the son of the owner and everyone fancied the pants off of him
It ran from 1962 - 1965. The people who wrote it went on to write Crossroads. It was shown on a Tuesday and Thursday so it didn't clash
with Coronation Street. Also in the programme was the Australian actor
Vincent Ball. He will be 91 in December. The love interest for Ronald Allens character was Sue Lloyd. They married three months before he died in 1991 aged 60. Sue died 20 years later.
They made 373 episodes but only 4 remain in the archives.
So hope that helps people who never saw it. At the time in the 60's it was a new concept of watching people in an office and their private lives.
Seems tame now but it was a trend setter at the time.
Thanks so much for the info
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 08:01 PM

I remember them all but thanks to U-Tube I`ve found this!! . My elder brother was a genius back then and inspired me with his knowledge of science and physics. Such a shame he turned out to be an emotional wreck and I am not far behind him. The evil one did every thing he could to make us feel small and yet crow around the village when we both got to University.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1UDaPtA9tU
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 09:35 PM

Gosh! That's amazing!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 10:15 PM

Space patrol-I loved it,it was on before the git got back.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top