Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Re: Domestic God or not?

My husband lived on his own for a year before we met and trained as a baker, also worked along side me at various cleaning jobs for 25 years so he can find his way around most household chores. Only thing he is a little worried about doing is the washing - he gets confused with the dials and programmes but other than that he is great, better than me at cooking !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 02:30 PM

The evil one(yes my father) used to sprawl like a dead whale on the sofa-and tap a tea cup. This was the cue for mum to make him a fresh pot. The first time Jenny saw it she had to make an excuse to leave the room-she was livid.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Can do it all. Very clean...........don't do DIY though. .....H
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 03:07 PM

'Fraid I'm one of those that does everything. Not only cooking, cleaning, washing and so on, but even DiY, vehicle repairs, and so on.

The way I see things, the money I save allows me to do some of the nicer things in life...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 03:34 PM

We were taught right from being children about pulling your weight around the house and not relying on others to clear up your mess or cook your dinner, so subsequently since retiring I share all chores equally with my wife and it makes for a pleasant relaxed relationship based on mutual respect. Personally I detest the type of man who demands a hand maiden for all things domestic, which to my mind is quite pathetic.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
'Fraid I'm one of those that does everything. Not only cooking, cleaning, washing and so on, but even DiY, vehicle repairs, and so on.

The way I see things, the money I save allows me to do some of the nicer things in life...
Good for You FB,a good common sense attitude :~)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 04:40 PM

My husband can cook decent meals, wash up, do the washing, ironing, window cleaning, vacuuming ..... but he couldn't do a thing when we first married I taught him well!

One thing that he hates though, is doing the shopping
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Good for You FB,a good common sense attitude :~)
Could be because I have spent a bit of time in your part of the world, life is different there somehow.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
We were taught right from being children about pulling your weight around the house and not relying on others to clear up your mess or cook your dinner, so subsequently since retiring I share all chores equally with my wife and it makes for a pleasant relaxed relationship based on mutual respect.
Exactly as it should be, Plantman.

Personally I detest the type of man who demands a hand maiden for all things domestic, which to my mind is quite pathetic.
I agree - but - they can only do it if their womenfolk allow it to happen !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
The evil one(yes my father) used to sprawl like a dead whale on the sofa-and tap a tea cup. This was the cue for mum to make him a fresh pot. The first time Jenny saw it she had to make an excuse to leave the room-she was livid.
I'd have bounced the tea cup off his head !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top