Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 10:36 PM

Re: Furious !!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you, Realspeed, I will do that !

Absolutely ST. Complain. No way must they get away with that appalling attitude.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 11:31 PM

It may be foolish to approach life With Great Expectations.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

When I pointed out that this was not a very efficient way of doing business - said person hung up on me!
Could it be the way you pointed it out that was the reason the person hung up on you????
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Could it be the way you pointed it out that was the reason the person hung up on you????
Customer Service should 'never' hang up on a customer when that customer had every right to be furious !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Customer Service should 'never' hang up on a customer when that customer had every right to be furious !
Quite right Patsy. People working in customer service should be trained in how to deal with unhappy customers in a polite and efficient way, after all the majority of people requiring customer services have a complaint and are usually even more frustrated after having had the stress of the "press 1 for this, 2 for that etc etc". Hanging up on someone is not service, it is downright rudeness and ignorance.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:30 AM

I used to have to hang up on a patient when I worked in a hospital department, but that was with the instruction of a senior. This patient would make appointments, not bother to turn up, call again, wind up the receptionist, and swear profusely. I would calmly let him rant then say, sir if you continue to talk to me like that I will hang up on you. His response...you're f.......g boring!!

Click...brrrrrrrr. That was me initiating end of the call.

My senior would stand behind me saying 'hang up, hang up'. He was notorious in the dept and maybe I shouldn't have fed him the opportunity to keep on at me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:32 AM

That's quite different Jazzi .........
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
I do not think so as I was perfectly polite to the woman in Customer Services, after all none of it was her fault.

Judge the end of the conversation for yourself:-

Me: Is this call being recorded ?

She: Yes, I think so.

Me: In which case I would like to say that I am furious and do not think this is a very efficient way to run a business.

Call disconnected.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2015, 10:58 AM

Perfectly reasonable
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Quite right Patsy. People working in customer service should be trained in how to deal with unhappy customers in a polite and efficient way, after all the majority of people requiring customer services have a complaint and are usually even more frustrated after having had the stress of the "press 1 for this, 2 for that etc etc". Hanging up on someone is not service, it is downright rudeness and ignorance.
.....but they don't get trained properly clumsy because older staff with experience are discarded like yesterday's fashions and when they go their experience goes with them.

Modern training methods are pathetic these days as they are designed to fulfil criteria, not teach any actual skills.

Much of the training I've actually seen or been involved in since the late 90s has been adaptations of American styles that I don't think fit with British retailers.

I was put on a so-called Leading your Team / Customer Care Course in 2007 where one of the trainers was dressed as Superman most of the time and group hugs encouraged daily - eugh!!
We played silly games for three days - what that was supposed to achieve i did not understand.

Training I'd had with the BBC though was good, thorough and they followed-up on it to make sure you actually gained from it.
Whether the Beeb still does this I seriously doubt but, to their credit, I was well-trained, which meant that when they made me redundant i was actually in demand. stevmk2

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top