Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 07:46 PM

Re: You vs Footballers (wages)

I only ever played one game of football for a club. I turned up to watch Marston Shelton Rangers seconds at just gone 15.

There were only 8 players available so I got asked to play,one was sent off in the first half and we lost 21-0.

My wages-head rubbed by the opps saying well done lad.

The second team folded the following week.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 07:53 PM

A mum of three sons, only one of them ever plays footie these days. I have to admit to being completely ignorant about football. I don't have a scooby doo about it. I'm very well aware that football is such a huge interest for all the fans out there. They read every article, watch every match, know everything about every player. It's addictive for them. However, I think the footballer's salary is just ridiculous. Compare them to soldiers on the front line. Police officers on the front line. They get a pittance of that salary. It's another case of an ill divided world. I'm not being a spoil sport, but why the heck does a footballer justify earning that kind of money?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:16 PM

It`s a business. Only the elite make it and a career can be ruined in one tackle.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
It`s a business. Only the elite make it and a career can be ruined in one tackle.
It's a fickle business

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top