Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:04 PM

Re: New poet

I don't really understand poetry but that's just me... I'm sure it means something too deep for me but others may enjoy it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Some of my best friends are arty farty. As for me, I'm more farty than arty
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with being arty, it's just that my brain just doesn't grasp it. My lovely daughter makes her living writing verses for greetings cards so she would appreciate it. I am more at home with the scientific side of things.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with being arty, it's just that my brain just doesn't grasp it. My lovely daughter makes her living writing verses for greetings cards so she would appreciate it. I am more at home with the scientific side of things.
It is good fun Alan - you should try it.

Apparently many people's brains (as you are no-doubt aware) fall into different categories with regard to how they view the world around them. In your case it appears to swing to the logical side - with others it will swing to the creative side, but my own (and my younger sister - top dog in her school) swings both ways. I think it is all about focus. If you give yourself over totally to something, be it art based or logic based, then your brain will adapt. This might account for my own thinking as I've always explored every avenue with a totally open mind. There are big holes in this theory though as my other sister is totally crap at maths and logic. Anyway writing bonkers verse and calling it 'poetry' is damn good fun whatever .
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:51 PM

I think, therefore I am.

Freud would have a field day if he chanced upon this thread.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
It is good fun Alan - you should try it.

Apparently many people's brains (as you are no-doubt aware) fall into different categories with regard to how they view the world around them. In your case it appears to swing to the logical side - with others it will swing to the creative side, but my own (and my younger sister - top dog in her school) swings both ways. I think it is all about focus. If you give yourself over totally to something, be it art based or logic based, then your brain will adapt. This might account for my own thinking as I've always explored every avenue with a totally open mind. There are big holes in this theory though as my other sister is totally crap at maths and logic. Anyway writing bonkers verse and calling it 'poetry' is damn good fun whatever .
I'm coming out of the sandbox
You'll get covered in dog doo
I'm gonna get off this sea saw
Say goodbye to your mama
Oh yea
Let's get high on some Pop Rock
Pop Rock and Coke
I'll blow your sock off, teach how to laugh at daddy's dirty jokes
Don't hedge your bets, double down if you want to get ahead in Tinsel Town
Turn that smile upside down
Happy people don't have sex
Now Robbie, everybody swings both ways

Thanks to Robbie Williams & Rufus Wainwright
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:59 PM

That don't rhyme - again!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-02-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
That don't rhyme - again!
It ain't poetry, it a song.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-02-2015, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by robert junior ->
it ain't poetry, it a song.
oh ... .
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-02-2015, 11:09 PM

brief
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:11 PM

I’m sure it’s beautiful to those who love prose poems, on the other hand I love the rhyming nonsense, even rowdy verses, gimme a man with a mug of stout in his hand in a pub belting out “There was an old women God blesser, who threw her leg over the dresser…” anyday, makes me feel alive and cheerful, must be the bit of the devil in me.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top