Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 08:56 AM

Re: A Hug.

I give my family and friends a hug when I see them.
I don't have them there everyday so when I see them its
normally between days weeks or months so I think a hug
from an older woman is right.
I feel a little awkward with the European kissing procedure.
I had to do that when I lived abroad and I always forget
which side the first kiss comes from and have done a few
boobs with that one
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Not a hug, more an involuntary spontaneous gesture which still makes me feel slightly embarrassed when I remember it.

When my next door neighbour's husband died I attended the funeral. His two children had grown up with mine.
I sat in an aisle seat quite near the back in the church which was full.

At the end of the service the family mourners were walking down the aisle leaving the church and as the man's daughter neared my seat and I saw her stricken face I was compelled to reach out and take her hand.

I am not a tactile person, I guess because I grew up without a mother and I am very reluctant to exhibit displays of affection except with my immediate family and I felt very uncomfortable afterwards feeling I had invaded her personal space in front of a lot of people.

She doesn't live here now but comes to visit and I really must mention it to her one day to lay a personal ghost...
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 09:16 AM

Bassically I hate anyone apart from loves ones to touch me , give me the creeps
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 09:24 AM

This year I asked friends and family for either a Honda Goldwing or a hug, got neither
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
This year I asked friends and family for either a Honda Goldwing or a hug, got neither
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I hug you from afar ..................x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with you Patsy.
Some people shy away from human contact and I find that sad sometimes.
A 'professional' would probably offer some clever, deep seated reason like no affection is childhood, or deep hurt from broken relationships, or whatever.
To me, to feel able to give or receive affection, whether it be a hug or a hand squeeze, is both normal and natural, and can be very comforting in appropriate circumstances.

I also agree with your last part Meg, and I am sending one to Nom as well.
Never understood the reasoning Mups, I was never given affection and yet, I am very affectionate
Depends on the person and how 'they' react to things ........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 10:21 AM

Depends who is doing the hugging family and very close friends fine, others on person by person basis, I am not keen on being hugged by people I know don't really like me it has to be sincere. Nothing wrong with a hand shake from strangers but no hugs thank you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 10:55 AM

I sooooo miss proper hugs!! I don't see family much now, only my brother once in a blue moon. Miss my Mum: we gave squeezy hugs all the time.

Sometimes one of the ladies at the allotment will offer a hug, as they are fond of them themselves, but it's not often I see them.

Younger sister, on the occasions I saw her, wasn't a huggy person and upon meeting would only proffer a cheek!!! If I was lucky her two hands might rest lightly on the shoulders. lol. Her two daughters were huggers though, but sadly I haven't seen them for a long time now.

Now, it's just down to meeting up with the Iranian woman on the top flat but I think she may be in need of comforting herself (ill health, looking for work, family abroad).

So yes, I do love a hug. Send em over!!!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 11:07 AM

I absolutely love hugs. My husband was a loving person who gave me lots of hugs which I so miss. Thankfully all my family are lovable and hug freely especially one of my son in laws and a nephew who always give lovely big hugs.
Somehow it makes me feel safe in a funny sort of way.,

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top