Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:26 AM

Re: Nakes cyclists

As a cyclist and a car driver, I have to say I get more annoyed at my fellow cyclists, many of whom have no regard for the rules of the road, treat traffic lights as optional, undertake lorries signalling left (and then get angry when they nearly get killed), ride fast on pavements etc etc. I once knocked a guy off his bike when he came out from behind a stationary bus, and cycled straight across the road from pavement to pavement. Luckily I had slowed down as I approached the bus as I was concerned about people getting off the bus and crossing the road without looking. He wasn't hurt, but was insistent (against all evidence and common sense) that it was somehow my fault. He then cycled off without exchanging particulars, despite having done some minor damage to the front of my car.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Because its the only way to get attention.

High time there was a compulsory road safety test for cylists imo. Far too many half wits out there in the traffic without a clue about the highway code or raod safety..
250 cyclists in a block would get attention anyway. No need to take the clothes off I'd say.

Years ago, 250 cars together would have caused a second look, not 250 cyclists. Times change.

Talking of half-wits, this also can apply to quite a few motor vehicle drivers who have taken a test regarding the highway code and road safety. I think a person will either be good on the roads or bad regardless of passing tests and no matter what means of transport is being used.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
As a cyclist and a car driver, I have to say I get more annoyed at my fellow cyclists, many of whom have no regard for the rules of the road, treat traffic lights as optional, undertake lorries signalling left (and then get angry when they nearly get killed), ride fast on pavements etc etc. I once knocked a guy off his bike when he came out from behind a stationary bus, and cycled straight across the road from pavement to pavement. Luckily I had slowed down as I approached the bus as I was concerned about people getting off the bus and crossing the road without looking. He wasn't hurt, but was insistent (against all evidence and common sense) that it was somehow my fault. He then cycled off without exchanging particulars, despite having done some minor damage to the front of my car.
off topic Mick -the discussion is about naked cyclists!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:43 AM

I once saw a naked cyclist on our golf links as I walked the dog - his nine iron was rather wobbly if I recall and he had obviously lost control of his balls!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:45 AM

Yesterday was Brighton Naked Bike Ride which I missed this year. Went last year and it was a brilliant fun filled day. About 120,000 people enjoyed it, however there were 3 complaints to the Police regarding nudity.
Conclusion....not all folk are narrow minded moaners.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:47 AM

And not all folks are exhibitionists either. Did you go to participate in the event, or just to ogle?

Whats the difference between a decent human being with morals, and a 'narrow minded moaner'?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And not all folks are exhibitionists either. Did you go to participate in the event, or just to ogle?

Whats the difference between a decent human being with morals, and a 'narrow minded moaner'?
A ratio of 3 in 120,000 seems the obvious answer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:53 AM

You didn't answer the first question.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:56 AM

I hope they had their personal flannels between backside and saddle. Hygiene and comfort comes to mind ..then there's the state of the saddle. I suppose they must have given that some thought and catered it though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 11:48 AM

I'd just like to say in the defence of all the Bike riding half wits on here, it isn't that we don't know the content of the Highway Code, we just ignore it, that is just one of many contributing factors to Halfwitisisum.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top