Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 03:52 PM

Re: Good grief

I hate the smell of overcooked barbeque food wafting down the gardens.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 03:52 PM

I wouldn't mind betting she'll first in the queue for some sausage.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I never understand this desire men have to cook on a steel bucket in the garden whilst there is a perfectly good fully equiped kitchen inside the house...

But if it keeps them happy...

In this case if its your own money its also up to you how you chose to spend it....

How I wish I had a decent cooker-thing is I do not,. Left that behind when I downsized-a big range job.Now a tiny little thing

It`s my toy to myself-and although I may carry a few spare pounds I do not look like some guys one finds on U-tube showing how to smoke a big rib. To start with I do not have the facial hair of ZZ Top
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I hate the smell of overcooked barbeque food wafting down the gardens.
Have to say I agree with this and the fact the my neighbours often light theirs mid afternoon without telling anyone so that everyones washing stinks..
I always make sure my washing is in by 6pm but thats obviously far too late for them.

OH has asthma too so it means we cant sit outside if the BBQ's are lit..
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 04:49 PM

It`s true-they do smoke a bit for the first 15 mins,then the charcoal is ready and any smoke is then to add flavour. It`s a way of cooking but not an excuse to drink pints of beer,get food poisoning and annoy the neighbours
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 05:03 PM

When we used to use one years ago it only smoked momentarily as it caught then it's just the smells of cooking coming off it, and that depends what you cook, ours tends to be mostly vegetables and smells quite nice.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

16-06-2015, 05:33 PM

This is quite funny,I have another African friend who,yes I do cuddle,.This coming weekend I have invited her and her daughter over for a cream tea down the road-so no sex please I am British and we can wait.

Giggle from her-are you going to buy a toy for a man then?

Yes it`s a BBQ--may put my sausage on it.

I`m bad but I do try to make folks laugh.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am quite surprised any friend would presume to tell you how you should spend your own money Stephan

The size doesn't matter anyway, the quality is what is important.
Now..........where have I heard that before ?
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 06:22 PM

Your neighbor sounded a little bit jealous Older Git.

I love the smell of barbeques.
My eldest son in law cooks mine when we have a family get together in my garden but he does tend to burn them a bit. Why? I have no idea.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 06:54 PM

You are dead right OG go for quality all the time if you can afford the few bob, it always makes sense in the long run.
I wouldn't pay any attention to the rabbiting on of a concerned woman, I've been married a long time now and my missus would never tell me how to spend money, nor I tell her, she manages all that household stuff herself, but she would ask me for money if she wanted something and said she hadn't enough to get it, quite right too, as the women are never done saying lately "We deserve it" They do indeed, but why do they have to keep telling us they do?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top